Thread: The Nihilistic Artists Return

Default The Nihilistic Artists Return

It's the sequel nobody wanted to see, of the video no one cares about.

A symbolic juxtaposition of the beauty, but inevitable ennui of rural England, experienced first hand by a trio of Nihilistic Artists and a djembe.

The Nihilistic Artists return - a comedy article by teamfishcake.co.uk : Silly, Surreal, Original British Humour

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37aiHP-V3I]YouTube - The Nihilistic Artists return[/ame]

We took into account the comments and criticisms about our last video of this genre, entitled "The Nihilistic Artist's minimalist expression of protest as a device to counter the short attention span of the broadband generation", and made it shorter, included more people and in a more interesting scenario.

I know this may be a bit too intense for some people, so fasten your goddamn seat belts, wear your safety helmets and prepare your minds for this furiously fast-paced video.

Ok.......

I managed 2:30.

anyone else trump that?

I managed 3.37 as I had to go out and talk to two Jehovah's Witnesses at the front door. I never noticed the guy standing in the background until 1.07, is he real or just a cut out? Do we have to watch it to the end for the payoff? And finally how did you get an 18 minute video onto Youtube when the limit is 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I managed 3.37 as I had to go out and talk to two Jehovah's Witnesses at the front door. I never noticed the guy standing in the background until 1.07, is he real or just a cut out? Do we have to watch it to the end for the payoff? And finally how did you get an 18 minute video onto Youtube when the limit is 10.
    Guy standing in the background - Yes. He's real. If you watch carefully, you'll see him turning 90 degrees.

The payoff is well worth it. The directing skills just make it, almost unbelievable. The graphics are INTENSE.

18 minutes - We set up our director's account years ago when there wasn't a 10 minute limit, and they're honouring their original T&Cs. The prequel to this video was actually 33 minutes long. Ha. :P

5. Default

hey there, i just made a comment on your video, brilliant! lol

to make it really funny, i think it would be a good idea to add some kind of voiceover commentator. perhaps in a golf style, or football or something. so that the commentator(s) could be describing their every thought, mood, and actions, as if it was something very intense, like a golf game or football match. would have to be one hell of a script though.

lol I guess I have a short attention span.. I went just shy of 3 minutes.. Very funny and true about the broadband generation
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hello.
    I am the guy in the background. The whole thing was my idea, as a juxtaposition to the first vid with just Mike and I, in my flat, in Edinburgh.

Watch out for part three!

I can't wait for this to come out on Blue Ray. No seriously I CAN'T wait.

Shrimpy

Haven't a scooby what the film is about but a fantastic exposition of bird song. The main song heard (centre of soundstage) is a blackcap - the sweet but slightly scratchy sound. The intermittent 'puk puk pukpukpuk' is a blackbird probably on a nest (territory sound). There is a more distant fluting blackbird song (male) intermittently through most of the first seven minutes. A wren sings intermittently (the high pitched, very tuneful rapid song which ands with a flourishing trill). Woodpigeon (coo coo coo, coo-coo) at times. I was just about to give up on a fifth song when at 9.25 a yellowhammer sings in the distance ('little-bit-of-cheeeeeeese'). Just before then two wrens conversing.

Blackcap disappears in second half, main song then wren and blackbird. 10.00 for several minutes - chiffchaff (chiff-chaff-chiff-chaff-chiff-chiff-chiff, repeated in phrases). Brief snatches of great tit ('teacher teacher teacher teacher') after 13.45. Blackcap back at 14.30 (presume that's why the guys fell over...). Very quiet indeed but at 16 minutes can make out high pitched nervous whine of kestrel - usually a sign of nesting birds - in background, left speaker. Possibly crow / rook from 16.30 ('caaaw caaaw').

Must be quite a good spot for birdwatching.....

Neil

I had it on as I was on the phone at work. I got to 6 mins before I had to see how it ends. So I fast forward to see what happened. I was ecstatic at 14:44 I nearly fell off my chair. The climax is amazing. lol:o)