Thread: Yellow

Default Yellow

Just like it says on the tin ...........

[ame="http://vimeo.com/4816893"]YELLOW on Vimeo[/ame]
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 05-25-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Van Gogh would have been proud of it. Nice colour and detail, was having the foreground out of focus deliberate or did you just get too close? Some of the flower shots suffer from over exposure due to the dark green, you may need to use the manual setting in future and set it to the bright foreground objects and let the bg be overexposed. I'm not a fan of the large black strips at the top and bottom, the screen is small enough and I don't think they add anything to the piece.

[QUOTE=Nikosony;114649] Nice colour and detail, was having the foreground out of focus deliberate or did you just get too close? Some of the flower shots suffer from over exposure due to the dark green, you may need to use the manual setting in future and set it to the bright foreground objects and let the big be overexposed. QUOTE]

Thanks for your suggestions.

This was shot entirely with the video function of my Samsung compact still camera so i was a bit tied with exposure settings. in video mode basically its point and shoot No colour correction, the footage is as from the camera ..... just a little time stretch here and there. as an experiment im quite pleased with the result.....things can only get better as they say

BTW, it looks better if viewed on Vimeo rather than viewed on here.

Blog Entries

Lovely. Pass the spliff

I really like this type of film making - kind of like what you do with a stills camera. No pretence to narrative, just lovely imagry.

Tune was spot on. Title - it had to be - lols.

5. Default

Lovely concept which could be helped by trimming things down a bit I think - maybe by about 20-30 seconds - there did seem to be some shots in there which were just filling time and didn't actually contain much yellow - more green stems!

Lovely piece of music to accompany film though - just wish I had more time to get out there and film stuff like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Lovely concept which could be helped by trimming things down a bit I think - maybe by about 20-30 seconds - there did seem to be some shots in there which were just filling time and didn't actually contain much yellow - more green stems!

Lovely piece of music to accompany film though - just wish I had more time to get out there and film stuff like that!
    your dead right and thats exactly what i had to do to upload to my flicvkr channel... they restrict videos to 90 seconds.

pruned edit here .......

http://www.flickr.com/photo_embed.gne?id=3563836856
    Last edited by enc; 06-06-2009 at 07:25 PM.

lol i hate bees! but thats a story for another day.. Im impressed that your little still cam could do that.. I dont really have much to add other then whats already been said. Plus seeing how you really had no control since it was a still cam.. But a very good video
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction