Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring in NYC

1. Default Spring in NYC

I am really excited about this one, after all the rain here we finally got the good weather and I went out on a picture hunt

yes, I was invisible and pretty close to my subjects ;O)
    thanks for looking!
    cheers,
    Mike

Some great looking shots in it but a few of them could have been framed better as there were a few tops of heads and bodies cut off at the side of the screen. You seem to have a great eye for seeing small detail, things that a lot of other people would miss. It has a French or maybe Italian look about it, stylish and nicely done. Did you have to get permission to film in that area or can you just set up and start recording?

3. Default

thanks for your comments, Nikosony. I have a weakness for cropping funny :O), it is a public place - no permit -and in the hours I spend there probably saw 20 maybe 30 photographers/videographers of all levels - carrying and shooting small cams to big pro cams.

Another quality film Mike

Your stuff reminds me so much of tv adverts right now !

Ive been experimenting with the video function on my little Samsung compact still camera ..... watch this space

Blog Entries

Oh that was special.

Sometimes it takes a stills guy to remind us vidders that simple carefully made NON PANNING shots can be the best.

I have been experimenting with locked of shots of stuff - last one was NO people. I feel inspired now to do something intimate like that all about people.

I am broke and its a holiday in the uk tomorrow - might as well...

I love the shot at about 1.20.

As for the close cropping - i like that close cropped thing.

Nice colour work too.

6. Default

thanks much Mark W. yeah, that guy around 1.20 was unreal. couldn't believe it. he just stood there. Yeah, i cant remember the Japanese director now, a classic dude, he set up all his shot and there was never any panning. panning is cool when it is the only option to show what needs to be shown. I do prefer the action in front of the camera.
    cheers,
    mike

Blog Entries

The films of patrick kieler switched me on to trying the locked off idea.

So have the New York City authorities relaxed the rules on filming?

9. Default

there are so many tourists they don't care, of course if you show up with a pro tripod, camera and crew you will need the permit from the mayor's office. similar to photography permit, a bit stricter. but hey, I was a tourist that day and invisible, no problems at all

10. Default

really nice post color work here, the framing and composition of picture is well done too. One of the good video on this site for shure.
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -
    Sorry for my bad english im french

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast