Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appreciate feedback on this piece.

Default Appreciate feedback on this piece.

Would appreciate feedback on this piece filmed in Cornwall if you have time.

Thank you,

GDR

Blog Entries

Bloody lovely.

Great to see what you can do when off that wedding leash !

Jeepers your cam looks good - dont recall what you have but I wil eat my cat if that wasnt a ex1 std camera - if its less cool than that then you are an udber genius in post. lols.

Great colour work and top gear stuff.

The cow - lols.

Hi Mark, That's a very generous critique

I am sorry to dissapoint but I used my little handycam, the Sony HC1, handheld

Cheers,

GDR

Blog Entries

Crikey - more respect then.

Fantastically shot - some of the footage is beautiful, but I wasn't too keen on the over use of the words in the song being represented so obviously on the video - but that's a very minor thing.

Thumbs up

Image quality is outstanding, especially for a handycam. My biggest attraction has to be the camera angles and Im really happy to see that you weren't afraid of far off shots (I'm really turned off when someone feels like everything has to be close up) the time lapse shot of the people walking on the beach and the rolling clouds was my favorite.

the only thing I can say that I didnt like was some of the cut aways seemed abrupt in some cases and out of time with the music in others. But thats being really picky.

Awesome job !

Beautiful images. Incredibly well shot.

And one of my fave bits of music too.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your comments. Very much appreciated. I know like all things this piece will not appeal to everyone and we can always find fault if we try, but your comments have encouraged me!

Cheers,

GDR

Blog Entries

Since everyone is being so complimentary I just feel i have to say what I thought could be improved... lols.

It was a bit ho hum - pretty shot - pretty shot - pretty shot. Lacked a narrative apart from the song.

Life isnt all pretty shots and flowers - should have had a bit more contrast maybe - like some road kill - lols.

( watch again )

Hmmm - well the metaphors for strife are there - maybe I just like it a bit more raw.

Beautiful, beautiful footage complimented by really great compositions, focus pulls, camera movement and post colour grading. I think anybody would be proud of what you have achieved. I have to say though that it is somewhat let down by over literal matching of images to lyrics in the song. There was far too much of it to the point that it became a distraction. I think the supreme quality of the footage deserves a rethink in the edit.

Absolute quality though. What did you use for the grading?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast