Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snails zero to 210x

Blog Entries

Default Snails zero to 210x

Shot from 0520 to 1020 this morning. Sony pc4, interval record set to 1 sec every 30s.

Speedup - add velocity envalope, sharpen heavily ( i like the look), and slight unsharp mask ( makes black areas more punchy), increase contrast from the bottom.

Find cool tune - yello.

This is just a trail run for an idea of a ' things look differently' film idea. I like it. My very ordinary back garden suddenly looks more interesting.

I bet you watch twice - lols.

Guess how many snails and win er something.
    Last edited by Mark W; 05-21-2009 at 01:27 PM.

haha
    looks really cool man.

i like it.
    long time spans sped up look really cool,
    like how people film outside there window for a day or 2.
    then make it about 20secs long.

anywho yeh nice little experiment.
    worked well mate.

Nice! Always wanted to do some timelapse but never ever get around to it.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

I like it - going to do some more - just a pain if you cant leave the camera and go and do something else.

I will be very happy if my big camera has int rec - but as its a clunky grey battleship of a camera it might not do the trick.

If it does I can see myslef spending time around bristol sat next to my camera for four or five hours - I will look even more like a mad film maker - cool !

Under the current climate it may be impossible to get left alone with a big camera for that long - lols.

Something with people next - Bristols main station would be good - again if thay dont mistake my camera for a ray gun or rpg.

nice one.

is that a feature of your sony stop motion record, or did you have it hooked up to a PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Something with people next - Bristols main station would be good - again if thay dont mistake my camera for a ray gun or rpg.

Temple Meads would be great...

But I'm not even sure that railway stations are legal to film without a permit any more. And the whole area from the traffic lights up to the station is all railway property too.

What's really hilarious is that if you were planning something nefarious you can get a great high res view of the area from google maps.

But yeah a couple of hours thre would make some fascinating timelapse tuff.

Blog Entries

My small camera has a time lapse function - I am yet to see if my big jvc has that function - I suspect it wont as it is all brown rice pro.

As for temple meads, well I grassed some vandals up to the transport police 2 years back - so they owe me - lols.

Blog Entries

Brillinat stuff. Seeing this reminded me I did a mega speeded up vid a few years ago - Din't use interval record for this one (all recorded in real time), just alot of velocity envelope work. It aint just snails that can move that fast... HERE

Blog Entries

I recall that one Andy - watched again as is cool, great music.

Blog Entries

Sorry Mark - didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just reminded is all. You're right on the button with the music though. 10cc. Great lyrics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast