Thread: Video camera with good zoom

Default Video camera with good zoom

Hi at the moment im using my brothers video camera but at the weekend he wants it back :(. My brothers cam is a. Sony Infolithium. if that mean any thing. Its got Optical zoom of 20X and digital zoom of 560X. But it is quite old now and is quite big to hold. what i want is a realy good zoom and clear. The reason i want a realy good zoom camera is so i can film some wild life as well with out been up close. so that why i want a smallish camera. Im willing to pay up to around 199. Im actualy started to sell my games for this as im getting quite bord of games and want to do some new things. Im also going to carry on and use sony vegas and buy that as well. And also as seen as its coming summer this will be the best time to get a camera for out doors. I will also go out in winter but its good now as its getting warmer.

Also i want to be able to hook it up to the PC as well.

Thanks for any reply.
    Last edited by skipper; 05-20-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Blog Entries

twenty times is the usual max optical zoom.

Dig zoom just pixelletes the picture and is rubbish really.

You will need a tripod too.

Cheack out s/h dv cams - loads for less than 200 on e bay.

at 20 times zoom you'll need a GOOD tripod, because the vibration of an ant tripping over a stick will be enough to translate into something you'll see at that level of zoom (OK I exaggerate, but tiny cam movement at 20x can look dreadful)

Blog Entries

Yea - my lens does 16x and I use a basic but ok tripod - vinten pro5 - any wind will wobble the camera.

If you are ultra keen to have no movement you will need a heavy tripod - my mates libec cost doulbe mine but is MUCH more stable - and heavy...

I've noticed on small camcorder over the past few years, the more the optical zoom increases the more likely you are to get chromatic aberration or purple fringing on images. It is crazy for manufacturers to give small camcorders optical zooms with 30 and 40 times magnification when the optics are inferior (plastic rather than glass) and the imaging chip is too small to resolve small details. Even 20 times optical is pushing it.

Blog Entries

So true - my lens - 2000 just for the lens new - has notciable spherical abberation at max zoom.

That lens above actually - lols.

Hi still looking for that camera .

What do you think off this. Buy SAMSUNG SMX-F300 SILVER | Memory card camcorder - Cameras & Camcorders | Comet