Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green screen and lighting equiptment.

Default Green screen and lighting equiptment.

What should I be looking for to successfully create a green-screened scene? I'm hoping to do a project shortly that requires the use of greenscreen to superimpose actors over existing footage, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I am aware I will need a big green screen - but I have no idea where to get one.. and I'm not sure of the lighting equipment required either, or where to get it.

Any advice would be lovely.

the main things are:

Make sure your green screen is as flat and crease free as possible

Try to illuminate the screen evenly. Use a couple of lights below and a couple above.

Try to keep the talent far enough in front of the greenscreen so you minimise spill of green light onto them from the screen.

Light the talent as you would normally do, but try to avoid casting shadows onto the screen from them.

I've seen mattes pulled from poorly lit, creasy backdrops with loads of shadows, but the better your starting point the more successful you're likely to be.

Lights like these would be ideal:

Indikit

these guys do greenscreens stands and lights:

green chroma key - search results

I went to the local hobbycraft and bought several metres of really bright green cloth it probably isn't accurate pure chroma green, but it seems to do the trick

3. Default

Check out Mark Apsolon on YouTube for all things green screen - very good - and check out tubetape.net for purchasing options.

Blog Entries

Seperate lights for screen and person very helpfull.
    Dont light the screen too brightly to reduce overspill.
    If you are using a camera with wtie bal adjustmant set befor screening rather then rely on presests.

As for lights any light will do the job, obviously not was well as the real deal.

I am currently using six of these - IKEA | Lighting | Floor lamps | NOT | Floor uplighter
    I use 150w halogen bulbs from ikea too ( not in cat.)

Light and bulb together is less than 8. The stems unsrew into parts and with a bit of gaffa tape they are adequate for very basic stuff.

When lighting the talent, make sure they match the lighting in the bg footage. For example. if the light in the bg plate is casting a shadow from left to right you will have to light your talent the same way or if the light is a certain colour (red/orange, yellow, or blue/green) you will have to either light the talent with the same colour or do it in post. This is to ensure both the fg plate and bg plate match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Seperate lights for screen and person very helpfull.
    Dont light the screen too brightly to reduce overspill.
    If you are using a camera with wtie bal adjustmant set befor screening rather then rely on presests.

As for lights any light will do the job, obviously not was well as the real deal.

I am currently using six of these - IKEA | Lighting | Floor lamps | NOT | Floor uplighter
    I use 150w halogen bulbs from ikea too ( not in cat.)

Light and bulb together is less than 8. The stems unsrew into parts and with a bit of gaffa tape they are adequate for very basic stuff.
    Can you try posting that link again? It leads me straight to an error page!

Thanks.

Blog Entries

I think you'll find that the link is broken because Ikea no longer sell those particular lights.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    I think you'll find that the link is broken because Ikea no longer sell those particular lights.
    Oh. That's pretty lousy.

Well, if someone could give me a general idea of what kind of light to look for, that'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Unconscious View Post
    What should I be looking for to successfully create a green-screened scene? I'm hoping to do a project shortly that requires the use of greenscreen to superimpose actors over existing footage, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I am aware I will need a big green screen - but I have no idea where to get one.. and I'm not sure of the lighting equipment required either, or where to get it.

Any advice would be lovely.

A green screen is mainly an enormous cloth hung over a wall that flows continuously to the floor area covering around 3 meters of it or a wall evenly painted with green. It can actually be anything that is larger than your subject that is evenly coated with a single shade of color.

The illusions that these animations make are actually from computer programs that specializes in video editing. A tool that is most popular and responsible in creating imaginative videos would be that of the Video Edit Magic. In here we are able to combine videos, animation or still picture with the main video you are trying to make.

In order for us to have good animation scheme, first, we have to make sure that everything is perfect regarding the set up of the screen, the lighting, and the subject. Light is an important factor in making the best illusive effect. From the assembly of the green screen, we have to make sure that we have the right amount of light in it. There should not be dark portions on the screen. We should see the glow of the green color in a uniform manner.

Lastly, in using this technique, we should be knowledgeable in utilizing programs such as Video Edit Magic especially its feature, Chroma Key Color Transition. With these tools, we are able to edit the videos in our post production studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    A tool that is most popular and responsible in creating imaginative videos would be that of the Video Edit Magic.

hmmmm...

most popular?

what like, final cut, premier, vagas? That kind of popular?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast