Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Underwater Trip...

Default My Underwater Trip...

This is a little video I put together from a visit to Thailand. Its was part of a 8 month round the world trip.
    I'm affraid I have this habbit of using fades and I can't get out of it.
    Not all that brilliant quality but you can see it.
    Good bit at 6mins
    Let me know what you think.
    I have about 10, 30sec shots of good stuff from South Africa too if you want to see them. I got work on two T.V. programmes in S.A. Its nice to see your name credit on national television
    Enjoy
    G
    \"A Man Is Only As Big As The Dreams He Dares To Live\"

Acer 1310,Athlon 2500+, 512ram,60GB+120GB external HDD,DVD/CD-RW in a Laptop (travelling perposes), Panasonic GS-70. Studio 9

Sorry, I got a "This presentation cannot be played" message by my Real Media player
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Real life "finding nemo". Shame about the heavy compression though..

[quote] Posted: 23 Nov 2004 03:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I got a "This presentation cannot be played" message by my Real Media player

Strange you got that. Marc could see it and I did a check to see it worked. Do you have the latest "Real Player" if so I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Maybe try it a few times. Sorry. Thanks for trying though

Yeh the compression is a bummer. I will put some more smaller ones on and they are much better quality, and only 30 seconds long. Yes it is the same fish that is now known all over the world as 'Nemo' (Clown Anenome fish)
    Thanks for the reply

Acer 1310,Athlon 2500+, 512ram,60GB+120GB external HDD,DVD/CD-RW in a Laptop (travelling perposes), Panasonic GS-70. Studio 9

Blog Entries

Is this a living or a hobby - or a hobby that feels like a living?

that was brilliant, I'd love to see it at full res',
    I was half expecting some kid to jump in and snatch a pearl when the second track kicked in.

Static shots at the start were OK, but maybe it would look better with the footage slow-mo'd instead of frozen, and maybe blur the edges of the slide transition, or change the colour of the immediate borders, might look a bit nicer than an obvious border.
    Other than that it went really well with the music and was lit and shot really well too.

Best bit for me was the awesome silhouette (spelling?) shot at the end.
    How fast do you have to swim to keep up with a whale shark?

I guess the SA stuff would have great whites and all sorts in it. I'd really like to see it, maybe a shorter edit with less compression?

I really want to go diving.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bgarthp
    Which is probably what the surfer would ordinarily avoid You must pretty much have the right video editing equipment for the job...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Is this a living or a hobby - or a hobby that feels like a living?
    Good question Marc.
    Well when I can afford to travel its my Job/Hobby erm... If you can understand what I mean? Its my Hobby and I can make a living out of it whilst travelling (sometimes)
    So I hope that answers your question.

I Just love to dive and film.

Thanks
    G

Blog Entries

I'd love to see some better encodes of shorter clips.

Quote Originally Posted by bgarthp
    that was brilliant, I'd love to see it at full res',
    I was half expecting some kid to jump in and snatch a pearl when the second track kicked in.

Static shots at the start were OK, but maybe it would look better with the footage slow-mo'd instead of frozen, and maybe blur the edges of the slide transition, or change the colour of the immediate borders, might look a bit nicer than an obvious border.
    Other than that it went really well with the music and was lit and shot really well too.

Best bit for me was the awesome silhouette (spelling?) shot at the end.
    How fast do you have to swim to keep up with a whale shark?

I guess the SA stuff would have great whites and all sorts in it. I'd really like to see it, maybe a shorter edit with less compression?

Thanks for the reply, Bgarthp.

I'd of liked to do something a bit better with the slide transition but I've only got Studio 9. I know what you mean though it would look much better. The static shots were a bit of an after thought so I'd even leave them out. They were just a shot held still, not an actual still shot (photo). You do have to swim very fast after Whalesharks. Because they are so big they hardly move their tail and they fly, but I have larger fins than most so I can keep up for a while. Whilst shooting this I ran out of air but I was only 10m so its not too bad, but you have to be very careful.
    I'll put on some of the S.A. stuff now. I'm affraid theres no Whites but there are Hammers and Raggies. They are 1MB each and 30 sec long.Good quality too.

Thanks very much.

G

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast