Hello, I'm looking to buy a semi-professional camcorder for high-quality recording (mainly stock footage and documentary style shooting).
My main aim is to record documentary/presenter sort of films but to make up for the price of the camera I want to record stock footage too.
The problem is I can only spend around £1000, and that's a stretch, more looking at around £500 which is really not going to cut it.
I feel the need to get a HD camera for stock footage but that bumps up the price, though I think if I don't have HD fewer people will want to buy the stock footage.
So, really I'm looking for something less than £1000, the following features would be ideal but obviously I'll end up with only one or none of them:
- Professional style, shoulder mounted/handle
- Hard drive rather than tapes, though flash storage would also be good. Really don't want tapes though.
- XLR inputs
- If no XLR inputs then a good microphone or microphone support.
- Firewire or some other form of connecting it to the computer for Adobe OnLocation recording.
- Chunky is fine, I couldn't care less about how lightweight it is.
- Suitable for stock footage recording.
So if you know of anything that lives up to this or have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them,
Thank you, Alex.