Thread: memoryand harddrive

Default memoryand harddrive

Upgrading my pc with a new hard drive 7200rpm 80gb ata133 my current pc is only ata100 ,will this new hard drive work in my pc? also my current memory is only 256 a pc133d ram,or do i definately need a 512,how much will this help my cause.(adobe premiere editing :o )

Blog Entries

The new drive WILL work in your new PC, however it may well be limited to ATA100 if your motherboard doesn't support ATA133. for a detailed look at harddrives and how they effect video editing, check out my quick guide at http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/video-ed...harddrive.html

As for the increase in RAM, you will notice a difference in Adobe - it should make working a little bit easier (rendering the timeline etc). 512 is really the reccomended minimum to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    The new drive WILL work in your new PC, however it may well be limited to ATA100 if your motherboard doesn't support ATA133. for a detailed look at harddrives and how they effect video editing, check out my quick guide at http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/video-ed...harddrive.html

As for the increase in RAM, you will notice a difference in Adobe - it should make working a little bit easier (rendering the timeline etc). 512 is really the reccomended minimum to be honest.
    just another question ,i currently have only one 256 ram in my mother board,can i add another 512 of memory to it or have i have to a balanced set up ie 2 512`s

you can just bung in another stick, doesn't need to be pairs like simms or rimms.

might be time to upgrade if you're running 9x, those oses bugger up bigtime if you have more than 512mb.