Thread: difference on the Studio Platinum and the Platinum Pro pack

Default difference on the Studio Platinum and the Platinum Pro pack

Hi, considering on getting a Sony Vegas Studio editing software, have a Flash AVCHD camcorder and after reviewing the difference on the Studio Platinum and the Platinum Pro pack the only difference is the Sound Forge Audio, 1000 Sound effects and a new 3D transitions and effects.

Is the difference really worth the extra bucks when I would just be doing home movies, grandkids etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
    Is the difference really worth the extra bucks when I would just be doing home movies, grandkids etc.
    - That's up to you?

However, I'd be more concerned about how you would be able to edit with this "flash" camera's AVCHD format:
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
    Hi, considering on getting a Sony Vegas Studio editing software, have a Flash AVCHD camcorder . . .
    So, I'd be downloading a trail version and testing that FIRST before any of the packages? Have you tested editing the output from your camera yet? - That's gotta be a your initial prime task. It will also test your PC's ability to do the job too.

Have tested it, captures fine with my Canon Image Mixer software then to my HD then import it on the Vegas program, it even splits my movie by clips somehow where other editing software won't, it seems that have a lot of options with Vegas even the preview window enlarges etc.

Have not tested the AVCHD yet getting a BL burner Tuesday and will find out, thanks for the response.