Thread: Any software that can do a popnoggins?

Default Any software that can do a popnoggins?

is it possible and would i have to know the program really well to do a popnoggins type of video?

Like a dance video with peoples faces cut out.

Few examples below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8dWroxNHk&feature=PlayList&p=BBFBCBCCEEB 097A5&index=0]YouTube - PopNoggins[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7PJ4A-IFgQ&feature=PlayList&p=027DE618E5CBB3A8&index=0]YouTube - PopNoggins Goes Wild[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTWoyiESslQ&feature=PlayList&p=798C08E4A57 3BD26&index=0]YouTube - EK Trip Pop Noggins Video[/ame]

thanks,

-Zabi

Blog Entries

Straightforward to do badly.

With more effort this could have been better.

Any decent editor can do this if you film the correct - but it isnt trivial at all.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/xmasgreetings.wmv

could you give me any hints on the software i could use. (im assuming windows movie maker is out of the question)

Or any tutorial webpages that you would know of to guide me. Im very new to the advanced video editing world.

thanks alot for the reply,

-Zabi

Well just looking at those I would start by videoing the dancers against a green screen background.
    That allows you to key-out the green screen later and relace with the background images or footage.
    As for the heads you could do individual close ups of each person for the length of the music track. Then load each head shot into its own overlay track and spend FOREVER making sure each head stayed reasonably aligned with it's body!
    I got tired describing that.
    You need chroma key (green or blue screen) and 6 or more overlay tracks.
    The first four or five programs mentioned here all have those features:
    Reviews of the Best Video Editor Software Camcorder to DVD.

Adobe Aftereffects. You can create a mask for the face, even animateing that mask over time to follow the face contours, its not easy but you can make it work. Allthough the best way would be to follow Lancecarrs advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmitas View Post
    Adobe Aftereffects. You can create a mask for the face, even animateing that mask over time to follow the face contours, its not easy but you can make it work. Allthough the best way would be to follow Lancecarrs advice.
    Well, you all are correect, but that is not how it is done.

First you want to get the licensing to all the songs you wish to make. That should be less than $250,000.00 to buy.
    Then you film the dancers, create all the back drops, build a video auto editor for the in video logos, create a faacial recognition patch so the heads do not get mixed up, rent a studiom hire the caterer, book a director, camera man, gaffer, lighting and some slackers to hang out.

You may want to check the patents first and not get caught up in a mixed up deal with the owners, then just create a burner disk system that handles 6 at a time, mix that with some softwareto control all this together and, no problem, you have it done.

The good news is you just saved $20,000.00. The bad news is you just spent about $1,000,000.00.

Now all you have to do is create a brand and find a few hundred dealers to build it with.

Why not just get a PopNoggins, did you build you own car, house...
    By the time you fail six or eight times trying, you could have made your money back in rentals, plus build up a clientel.

PopNoggins is designed for people that want to make money, not videos.
    I know, I designed it. Just call PopNoggins, I can explain the whoile thing to you. Your first post on the subject was in 2005. So, how many rental gigs have you done since, you are leaving loads of profits on the table.

Stop worring about how it is done, and figure out howto get it rented, then you can hire people to do your videos and go to the beach.

Erm - -

Anyone!!

What was that all about, rent what? He designed what? 1,000,000 on what? Give me 1 week and 3000 ill get that done for you.

Obviously this is a windup, and if not then this is too strange even for me - and i live in Devon...

Mitch

Exclamation one week

OK mate, your on, but lets add some fun, if you can't get it done in a week, you donate 3000 toa charity of my choice.. We can use escrow dot com to hold the funds, you go ahead and open the account.

One week, get real, you could not get the first part of the license done in one year.

really, you can build 30 legal videos in a week, your good.

DavidPeters
    I feel that i have to responde on here otherwise i would have sent you a PM, but -

First part of what license? What do you need a license for?

Film some people dancing to a soundtrack that you make, (Not an actual real song thats in the top 40) or use one from a royalty free company - I have about 5 CD's worth of royalty free music to use. Easy to buy...
    Put them green screen
    Use green balaclavas on the faces
    Rotoscope or track the movement and use "Masks" (In after effects) then simply link up the movement of the faces / pictures you want to move in the same way as the "Masked" faces.

And who said anything about 30 videos in a week??? The chap asked if it could be done, i havent looked at the videos because he has aksed if
    Faces can be cut out..... YES.

So in conclusion -
    Yes i can do a music video (A MUSIC VIDEO) Where the faces are cut out and replaced by whatever you want, ill do it in a week and it will cost around 3000.

I see that either you are American or your keyboard is set up the wrong way, in either respect, you seem to tell the whole world that you made something (Dont care), what has that got to do with anything????

250,000 to buy the rights to a song - What the hell are you on about, you dont need to buy the rights to a song you get permission to use it.
    It cost me a hell of a lot less than that for me to get permission to use the Boots "Here come the girls" advert, and that was for a DVD. I honestly think that you are either talking about something completely different or dont understand the question the same way as i do.

In any way - zabijecie, yes it can be done and after Effects is the way to go.

Peace out.

Mitch

To be honest, there are tons of legit reasons he could be asking the question, home/family video editing, school projects, garageband homemade video etc etc. All with legal material, and hes question is still viable.

Quote: PopNoggins is designed for people that want to make money, not videos.
    I know, I designed it. Just call PopNoggins, I can explain the whoile thing to you. Your first post on the subject was in 2005. So, how many rental gigs have you done since, you are leaving loads of profits on the table.

This indicates that there is more to this story, and that i should stay out of it So i will.