Thread: books or sites to help learn programs

Default books or sites to help learn programs

At work we have adobe master collection cs3 and i was wondering what are some books and sites to go to to learn these programs. the main ones i want to learn are: after effects and photoshop. I have some experience on premiere and i have used non-linear for 3 years now on other programs such as avid and final cut. The other programs I want to learn as well, but I want to learn after effects and photoshop first. But if you can point me to good books and sites to use to learn all the programs that will be helpful.

thanks

Joe

Default I recommend starting with the Adobe Help & Support pages.

For After Effects, you can start with the After Effects Help & Support page. There are a bunch of free video tutorials and other resources listed there.

I also list a lot of free online resources, including free excerpts from books about After Effects, on my blog.

Here's a page that lists a lot of good, free resources for After Effects.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects Help and Support
    Premiere Pro Help and Support
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default books

Cool thanks for that link. I just realized where the after effects is set up there is no internet connection. So, i might have to get a book any ideas?

Other than the printed After Effects user guide (Help), I recommend the books by Chris and Trish Meyer, the After Effects Classroom in a Book, and After Effects Studio Techniques.
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects Help and Support
    Premiere Pro Help and Support

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Kopriva View Post
    Other than the printed After Effects user guide (Help), I recommend the books by Chris and Trish Meyer, the After Effects Classroom in a Book, and After Effects Studio Techniques.
    Good book choices!

For online tutorials I would normally recommend both the creative cow and videocopilot web sites but you said you donlt have web access fromthat machine. Weel, the good news is that both sites can provide the tutorials on dvd for a nominal fee. really good values.