Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    AS ling as hsi not i n a hrruy (sic)
    I am being opressed !

good funny video i enjoyed watching it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Hi Tim.

This confirms to me that the video club from where I live and where you live are in a state of Doppelganger.
    Now just imagine using your club members to voice that video I made (I will not mention here), could you do the same.

It's given me a chill thinking of the all the exact similarities, spooky stuff.
    I suspect these clubs are the same the world over.

I've already mentioned (somewhere, possibly not here) my concept of the "general purpose club travelogue", full of cliché lines such as "no sign of health and safety here!" with accompanying close up shot of large knife, large fish, small hand and cigarette butt, and "As we return to our accommodation we find time to reflect on our time in this fascinating country" accompanied by shots of a setting sun over water.

Perhaps we could work on a series and sell them to club members the world over who are too lazy to make their own films.
    Tim

Great stuff Tim.

Blog Entries

I'm delighted you've all found this amusing. It's been going down better and with a far wider audience than I ever imagined.
    Tim

Tim,

Never let the in jokes bother you, all the videos I made in the time I was in a video club are laced with jokes which I thought would inhibit the videos appeal if viewed by a larger audience. I think you will find in jokes are basically in every film, the jokes in this video relate to any club or even political parties, well basically any group of associated people where they are working on a common goal.

I'll place money on it, this video will be video of the month, then video of the year (if there was one, the old club I knew had what was called video of the year). You mention the "travelogue" format if video, again this brings back crystal clear memories of club nights doing tours of the world via camcorders. Many members were locked onto this theme of video exclusively.

This video will work as it's well produced and moves along at a snappy pace. Just hoping I have not given it he kiss of death as every video I predict will go places seems to then fall over.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Just hoping I have not given it he kiss of death as every video I predict will go places seems to then fall over.
    Well if VOTM runs for May, it'll only need about 3 votes to win on current form

This mainly works here in the UK because it's highly topical with the news being full for the past week and a half of just about nothing other than MPs expense claims.

Out of interest, Leo (and anyone else from outside the UK) is this being reported in the rest or the world? What's the slant (if any) on it?
    Tim

Hi Tim.

About whats on the news.

First I would say these days I am in no way a normal person when looking at whats news, to tell you the truth I have what I believe is called 9/11 syndrome. I am being serious here, no joke.

Ever since 9/11 I have this constant habit of always looking at CNN news web site, it's a bad cycle I can't seem to kick. I know the news there is so distorted and manipulated, maybe I should see a doctor to kick this repetitive action.
    These days I do look at Google news maybe once a week, and at home I do not watch any TV, stopped that bad habit about 5 years ago, since the advent of the internet I stopped reading papers.

On TV I have to say it was mind sapping, took me half my life to wake up. Mind you Tim watching TV has had a huge influence on my life, it became part of my chosen career. I help make the crap people watch.

Tim I just looked at Google news and this way the top story..

Michael Martin, the Commons Speaker, was at the centre of a series of political controversies before he was pushed to the point of resignation over MPs' expenses.

It's also the top story with CNN Europe, this appears as a one liner on CNN world wide.

Below is whats in the international news on a Australian TV news site.

The Speaker of Britain's House of Commons is expected to give in to mounting pressure and step down amid growing outrage over the MPs' expenses scandal.

So to answer your question Tim the story has gone viral, and news like this I feel gives food for thought with the political characters down my neck of the woods, I do believe our countries share the same political system, if anything I expect the same here in weeks to come.

Your video worked for me without even knowing this story. A good video will work on many levels, your does, I never knew video of the month drew so few numbers, maybe my comment on another thread about the gang of 5 is correct, that is 5 active (people who actually put the time in and lay a comment down, and by comment I mean something more than 'thanks',,!) forum users. I am sure there are more than that as I myself can be classed as a infrequent visitor.

Blog Entries

Your gang of 5 comment wasn't far from the truth. But isn't that the same with most social groups?

As for the MPs expenses business, if we had the option on our ballot papers (which I believe you have in Australia), at the next general election, "None of the above" would win by a landslide.
    Tim

You have me thinking there Tim about ballot papers here on 'none of the above', I'm not sure on this topic, I do know you can do a informal vote by selecting no one. Seems doing this can lead to ballot manipulation, this is the argument for a 'none of the above' box.

Tim I believe this video will have another one of your super threads, I feel it in my bones.

I just googled this and found this, looks more like a a reason to implement it rather than a action, like anything political it's like playing with a hornets nest.

None Of The Above

The last spot on the ballot paper should be reserved for None of the Above with a box in which you can mark a vote, ensuring no fiddling with a blank ballot paper. This enables one to express general dissatisfaction or to protest against the candidate that your party has selected. In the absence of an ability to directly protest via None of the Above it is instructive to look at the informals in 2004 in seats where there might have been some dissatisfaction with the candidates.
    In NSW the average informal was 6.1%. There was no redistribution to confuse the issue and there were three seats, one Coalition, two ALP, where candidates were controversial. These were:
    • Parramatta, where Ross Cameron (Liberal), who proclaimed Christian virtues, but confessed to adultery, had a rise in informals from 6.2% to 8.5%.
    • Kingsford Smith, where Peter Garrett (ALP) was parachuted in over local candidates, had a rise in informals from 6.1% to 8.1%.
    • Greenway, where Ed Husic (ALP), a Muslim, stood against Louise Markus (Liberal), a Hillsong Christian, had a rise in informals from 5% to 11.8%. In this case both major party candidates were controversial.
    None of the Above would have scored highly in those electorates.
    (None of the Above appeared in Issue 4, Spring 2004.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast