Thread: A Little Help Please?

Default A Little Help Please?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to video editing and obviously new to this site. I am doing a short video with mostly still images. The problem I'm having is that I want this end clip to be a certin way. Lets see if I can explain it properly.

I want it like that. but I don't know how to arrange it that way.

the editing program I have is CyberLink Power Director, and trial versions of Corel Video Studio and Vegas Pro 9.0
    Last edited by JessaJ; 05-15-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quite striaghtforward.

In vegas.

This is the bare bones.

1. Create four video tracks.
    2. Credits one one track, each pic on each remaining.
    3. Use track motion ( icon next ish to track header ) and pan/crop tool ( icon at end of media on t line ).

Use the cursour keys for find adj.

Ok, well I must be trez daft because I can't figure out how to make credits on vegas pro -__-

Blog Entries

1. Create a selection on the timeline. Right Click. Insert Text Media. Type out all your text then use keyframes onthe Position tab to move it.

OR

2. Create a selection on the timeline. Right Click. Insert Generated Media. Insert Credit Roll.

OR

3. Create a selection on the timeline. Right Clisk. Insert Generated Media. Pro Type Titler.

Or do the same things from the insert menu. Or drag from the Media Generator window/tab.

You're not daft because you can't figure it out, but you would be daft if you thought that learning packages as complex as modern video editing applications would be quick and easy. (Well, it can be easy, but certainly not quick)

EDIT: I definitely recommend you go through the interactive tutorials in the help menu.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Jessaj - I certainly dont think you are daft. Lols.

Straightforward does not mean easy - not much with video editing is really that easy.

lol. Well, I've figured it out, so yay!. Thanks a bunch. Only problem I have now is that using vegas pro the scrolling credits are very jerky :-S. Do you think that it might be because its a trial version and not the real thing?

I tried to do it on CyberLink Power Director the same as on Vegas Pro but I can't figure it out. I've got all of the pictures where they are meant to be, but can't figure out how to put the text so its not scrolling up the entire screen. I didn't think it would be so frusterating. :s

Blog Entries

I suspect the credits are jerhy cos you are in preview - not rendered yet.

Decrease size and quality setting to smooth preview - will be smooth when renderded - this is entirely normal.