Thread: Stopwatch?

Default Stopwatch?

I can not understand WHY it is so hard to overlay a simple stopwatch onto a clip!

My Son is an Athlete and I just want to overlay his sprint times as a stopwatch.

I'm lucky enough have PremPro & AE CS4 and have now spent 6 hours trying to find out how to do this simple thing.

I have searched through all the help available in both PremPro & AE – nothing!
    I can display the ‘time code’ but this is locked to the original ‘time line’ and is useless.
    I have tried the attached clips from these posts – although I can view 1 of them I can’t get it into the project!

I CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE ADD-ON EFFECT IN EITHER OR BOTH PRODUCTS!!!

CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP A POOR OLD GIT THAT, AS OF THIS DAY, HAS NO HAIR LEFT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SixPin View Post
    I CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE ADD-ON EFFECT IN EITHER OR BOTH PRODUCTS!!!
    Simple really - there just can't be a plug in for every person and every eventuality.

To your problem... I use Sony Vegas rather than your s/w but I also film grass racing in tiny fast cars and timing at the finish line is required to be displayed. I do this with a simple text block at the finish lime whilst sometimes freezing the action at that point while the time is displayed.

That's a very basic method simply because I cant be bothered to do much more. But it is easy and quick to do. Vegas will time the clip for me to give a precise measurement down to a tenth of a second.

There are more complex methods of course - but someone more familiar with your s/w will advise whats available.

Smile

Hi Andy, thanks for that.

I’m so surprised by this because so many other people seem to want this. Either in the form of a clock or stopwatch which can be run forward or in reverse.

And for the price Adobe is charging for this stuff it seems a small thing to include.

I'm sure somone has a solution

generating a visual countdown or timecode : Adobe After Effects might get you going in the right direction.

Or this plugin might help: DVE - DV Date

and this looks like it might be just the thing: How to create a clock

Blog Entries

Editors are people - apps are dumb.

You still have to learn to edit to edit....

Thumbs up Free 6-Minute Stopwatch Video Clip

After searching for either 1) a plugin to generate a timer with hundredths of a second precision in Premiere Pro; or 2) a stopwatch clip to use as an overlay; and not being successful in either search (the link in question #12 of the FAQ doesn't work!), I've created a clip from scratch by creating a digit in a Premiere Pro title and repeating it so many times that the program crashed a few times... here's the result of hours of work that I'm making available to anyone who's been looking for a timer to superimpose on sports videos...

http://150.201.55.189/vieira/videos/...inutes.wmv.zip

It has a 5-second lead in the beginning too.

M. Vieira

Thanks very much for sharing this. It's very good of you to do that.