Thread: New Cam... Opinions plz!!!

1. Default New Cam... Opinions plz!!!

Alright, I have finally convinced myself that I need a camcorder of my own (actually the person loaning

me their XL1 needs to sell it). So now I need your help. I would really like to get a camera that has

manual controls (focus and zoom rings). Also, I would love to be able to get an HDV one. After using

the XL1 for a while, the picture to me just didn't seem to POP! Although I have a smallish budget (less

then or equal to $1000), I'm hoping to be able to afford something capable of giving me that WOW

FACTOR I am looking for...

Reply with recommendations, comments, or concerns (please)!
    Last edited by videonoob2233; 05-16-2009 at 05:36 PM.

I would like to recommend Sony HVR-A1E. Its Sony’s smallest, lightest yet professional HDV camcorder providing HDV with the 1080i standard.

With the Sony HVR-A1E, you will be able to switch between HDV, DVCAM and DV recording giving you full flexibility to record in either Standard or High Definition depending on your requirements. Taking still images is also possible with it.I believe HVR-A1E is an affordable way to enjoy High Definition.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 05-18-2009 at 09:36 AM.

3. Default

I was looking into the canon hv20 and was really impressed by its image quality. Does anyone have experience with this camera? Also, does anyone know if there is a major difference between the hv20, hv30 and hv40...

EDIT: Seeing as this is a totally new topic I'm starting a new thread. Thanks again Marcus for the advice. I will surly look into this camera further
    Last edited by videonoob2233; 05-27-2009 at 04:43 PM.

I just got the HV30. I posted in your other thread on it.. I dont think you'll miss out on to much getting the HV20

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2