Thread: uvipl.dll iplGetLibVersion errors

Default uvipl.dll iplGetLibVersion errors

Hi, I cannot get ulead vdeo studio 7 to run.

The errors received are failing to initilise iplGetLibVersion
    and cannot find uvipl.dll.

Any help would be appreciated.Toneranger

Looks like your installation of Video Studio is corrupt. The file uvipl.dll is a ULead provided file and should reside in C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 7.0. I cannot determine just yet if the first error is due to the non existant dll or not (although I suspect it is). Try uninstalling, then re-installing your Video Studio application.

Let us know how you get on. Meantime I shall continue to dig on the first error.

Good Luck
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Hi - the dll file is there and in the correct place.

I have unstalled and re-installed several times to meet the same error messages.

Running on win98se direct x9 amd 500 128mb ram before installing in new machine (on order).

In which case I would run the question by Ulead support.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

:(
    any solution?
    :cry:

Here's what worked for me on Windows 2000, Ulead VideoStudio 7.0 Trial:

Go to your installation directory (in my case, D:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 7 Trial). Please pay attention to the exact filenames, as they are similar.
    Rename uviplM5.dll to uviplM5.dll.backup and make a copy of uviplPX.dll. Rename that copy to "uviplM5.dll". Basically, you're replacing the M5 with a copy of PX, but you're also making a backup copy of the original M5 just in case.

If that still doesn't work, put back M5 the way it was, and do the same procedure, but now for uviplP5.dll (rename to .backup, make a copy of PX, rename it to P5).

And if that doesn't work, sorry, you might be out of luck, unless you understand the following explanation of how I dug this out and you can expand on it:

1) Fact: uvipl.dll has the iplGetLibVersion export, but the file is tiny. Assumption: It's probably just a dispatcher.
    2) Fact: uvipl??.dll are much larger. Assumption: Given the export and file names, they're probably architecture-optimized mathematics libraries.
    3) Assumption: P5 and P6 refer to Pentium and Pentium Pro architectures, respectively, while PX hopefully refers to a generic architecture. PX can therefore replace any of the others.
    4) Fact: uviplM5 and uviplP5 are the only ones missing the iplGetLibVersion export.
    5) Fact: On my system, as reported by Filemon (www.sysinternals.com) VideoStudio looks for uviplM5.dll.
    6) Fact: As soon as I replaced uviplM5 with PX, VideoStudio started up nicely!

Good luck and please write - mcpatulc@hotmail.com