Thread: Location, Location, Location.

Default Location, Location, Location.

Myself and a group of my video-filmy-edity friends from around the country are meeting up in January to have a laugh, band a few ideas around, and do some filming. We've decided that we want to go somewhere fresh for all of us, ie, somewhere which isn't near where any of us live. (so that rules our Manchester, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Worcestershire, Wiltshire, Shrewsbury, and Plymouth )

I think we're probably looking at somewhere a little peaceful, nice countryside air to get something sorted. Book a large cottage and split the cost for a weekend. So, can anybody think of somewhere we can go to stimulate our creativity?

Sounds to me like you'll be heading down to the SW corner then. Cornwall, Dorset or Devon. Lots of country air down there.

If you want to avoid Plymouth, then maybe the SW isn't the best option, what about Wales?
    Pembrokeshire would be ideal, awesome scenery, nice beaches, cliffs, fields, pubs, cottages etc. etc.
    Plus you can stop off in Cardiff and have a proper rinse-out when you've had enough country air.

locals might be a bit "Withnail & I", but that would be a laugh I reckon.

Can you tell I'm doing an assignment on the impact of Tourism on Wales?
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

Thats clearly another definintion of the prhase "rinse out" to the one I'm used to!!!

Marcus Peters, that's quite enough reference to your personal "art" collection!

Anyway.... think we've found a place in wales. right in the middle, nice 'n' big. Just a matter of getting it all together now. Relatively central to us all (excluding the scotsman of course)

The Orkneys
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Orkneys ... too far. Try Glencoe, oen of the most atmospheric places in the UK, and in January one of the coldest.

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.