Thread: Flash & Chroma Key

Default Flash & Chroma Key

Hi All

this is my first post, please dont shoot me down to quick if its a dumb question or one you get everyday!

I have been using Flash for around 10 years now and quite happy with it, however I would love to do some Green Screen or Chroma Key work. One particualar project we would like to do is to overlay one of our clients on a animated flash background. However I have never done this.

What I wanted to know is, can I import a green screen movie into flash somehow without the green screen ? or does the flash animation need to be imported into software that does the chroma key as a background ?

Next question is what is the easiest software to use to achieve this result, basic chroma key and import a animated .swf flash background ?

Anyone who can give me any help and tips I would really appreciate it, We also run a number of websites and can offer huge discounts on a few websites for your time !.

( spam for lingerie and nitrous oxide removed as we often do for first time posters - but it does sound like a fun night in - mw )

kind regards

Last edited by Mark W; 05-13-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Western Europe

Do your animation in Flash and then import it into one of the popular video editors such as Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 or CS4, I think the cut down version Adobe Premiere Elements 7 can import Flash, haven't used it but you can download a 30 day trial of all of those editors and try them out and see which one you like best.

Shoot your greenscreen or bluescreen in a well lit studio and make sure the screen is evenly lit from top to bottom and from left to right. Place the talent as far away from the background so none of the blue or green spills onto them or they don't cast a shadow onto the background. Does the talent interact with the background animation?
    Last edited by Nikosony; 05-13-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

.... or vegas value versions, and most other editors.