Thread: Video Output not right when i make the movie

Default Video Output not right when i make the movie

I am using Sony Vegas platinum 9

I have a video and then did an graphic with chroma key (got rid of the black from the fromt he graphic leaving the rest)

the preview in vegas is great just as i want it with the video coming thru where the black was, but when I choose Make Movie (tried wmv, avi, mpg) they all come out with the sound from the video but I can only see the graphic (the black is not longer gone letting the video show thru)

any ideas?

Ok just to recap. You have video footage on the Video track, you've added a graphic to the Video Overlay track and used the Chroma Keyer plugin to remove the black background from the graphic?

It always previews ok but with any render it's as if you'd muted the Video or solo'ed the Overlay (or bypassed all effects).

If that's the situation, then it's a weird one. Muting and soloing would affect preview and to totally bypass effects you have to access the hidden Internal menu and set the width and height - and I think you'd remember if you'd done that and that also affects preview.

At the moment, I'm out of ideas but I'll ponder on it anew.

Yes you are correct. I have attached a Screen if that will help.

I am kind of at a loss since the preview is perfect but when i make the movie it is just the graphic BUT has the audio.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As Andy says, this is a real odd-ball one. Basically whatever YOU can see play in the Preview SHOULD be what you render out. The ways you can stop the CK-ing taking hold is exactly what Andy says.

I have been reading the WHITE papers over on the SONY site to ascertain any CK-ing issues for VegPlat9, and I can't see any. If you don;t get any further forward then open a service ticket with Sony or, and this is up to you, re-install. You do OWN the s/w yes? Then if this is the case then you would have the necessary Serials to have the s/w re-registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    As Andy says, this is a real odd-ball one. Basically whatever YOU can see play in the Preview SHOULD be what you render out. The ways you can stop the CK-ing taking hold is exactly what Andy says.

I have been reading the WHITE papers over on the SONY site to ascertain any CK-ing issues for VegPlat9, and I can't see any. If you don;t get any further forward then open a service ticket with Sony or, and this is up to you, re-install. You do OWN the s/w yes? Then if this is the case then you would have the necessary Serials to have the s/w re-registered.
    Do you think i should reinstall then if that doesn't work contact sony? (YEs i do own it and have serial etc..)

As this is my first video to edit so i don't mind uninstalling reinstalling if yall think it might fix it.

As this is my first video to edit so i don't mind uninstalling reinstalling if yall think it might fix it.

Not sure it will. However, one last thing to try before that....

Will the video actually render out at all on its own without the overlayed graphic? Just to humour me, create a new project, dump the video onto the timeline and try rendering that out.

Also, with the original can you hear the audio ok?

it appears it was my video causing the issue. Well first i updated to latest software i was on 9.0a and they have 9.0b then i tried another video and it worked fine. thanks for help.