Thread: Advice on upgrade in camera

Default Advice on upgrade in camera

Hi guys and girls

back in the 90's I bought what was at the time a very high quality video camera (for a guy like me). It was a Sony DCR-VX700E digital camera. They could shoot anamorphic 16x9. They were used by the ABC for doco production. Worth approx $7,000 AUS at the time.

Now I want to upgrade to the world of 1080p hi def, and am wondering what an equivalent quality camera would cost NOW....

Hoping to get some advice. If anyone could recommend an equivalent hi def camera that would be great too

I am located in Australia.

Thanks,

Darren.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by iDarren View Post
    . They could shoot anamorphic 16x9. They were used by the ABC for doco production. Worth approx $7,000 AUS at the time.

Hoping to get some advice. If anyone could recommend an equivalent hi def camera that would be great too
    I think the ex-1 is not that good, because you cant change the lens on it. If you want to make a safari video and you need a x1000 lens ..... your in trouble, samething whit ultra wide shot.

The ex-3 let you the option too interchange the lense and have some major upgrade compared to the ex-1. And the price is verry low too ( under 12000 I didnt remember the exact price )

I would go whit the ex-3 whit a budget under 12000. I you have more, you should consider the new panasonic p2 shoulder mounted camera and the XDCAM series working whit blu-ray disc. I have used the XDCAM series during the past 2 years and i loved to work whit clips and the blu ray format. But we are talking about someting behind 20 000 and 70 000.

And if you have MORE money, go whit HDCAM .....
    Last edited by JMM; 05-11-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -
    Sorry for my bad english im french