Thread: Frozen frame when going from.mov to .flv?

Default Frozen frame when going from.mov to .flv?

I just finished making a little flash animation and uploaded it on youtube. Since it was choppy when I uploaded the original flash .mov file I converted it to .flv but I get some strange behaviour. Look at the first bean on the top left, just before it's falling..it's like hanging there.

It happens between the 0:01 - 0:03 time frame.

Any idea why this happens? Since in the original .mov file everything was fine!

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Random frame jumps appear to be the achillies heel of you tube.

We have had several forum members complain about vertical text scrolls appearing jumpy - I am yet to find a way to avoid this. It sucks.

I upload 3mbit 720p wmv files and it still happens.

It certainly looks strange as the rest of the video plays alright. I haven't noticed that myself with frames sticking at the start but will look out for it. What software did you use to do the conversion? I'm slightly confused and maybe you can clear this up, was the original file a .mov (Quicktime) and you then converted it to Flash or was it Flash originally, then you converted it to a .mov and then you converted it back again to Flash? Maybe something went wrong during all of that converting?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    It certainly looks strange as the rest of the video plays alright. I haven't noticed that myself with frames sticking at the start but will look out for it. What software did you use to do the conversion? I'm slightly confused and maybe you can clear this up, was the original file a .mov (Quicktime) and you then converted it to Flash or was it Flash originally, then you converted it to a .mov and then you converted it back again to Flash? Maybe something went wrong during all of that converting?
    I have used Allok Video to FLV Converter.
    And yes, the original was a quicktime .mov , as generated by Adobe Flash and I also didnt encounter any errors/warnings during the conversion process.

I put a short test clip on YT earlier and it had a star wipe transition at the start and end, it went from black to star to full screen smoothly on my computer and the same when the clip ended. But when I uploaded it to YT there is a jerkiness about a third of the way into the start and at the end aswell. So it may have something to do with the changes YT applies to your file, if it plays back alright on your computer and doesn't play back as smoothly on YT.

Data being removed as the file is being compressed or perhaps reducing the frame rate? It may well be the frame rate, if it plays back ok at 25fps and YT reduces it to 15? correct me if I'm wrong, that may have an effect on how smooth transitions or movements are shown. Less frames = sticky or jerky movement.

Just out of curiosity, what frame rate did you use in your Flash animation?