Thread: Clips and Cuts

1. Default Clips and Cuts

Hello

I've got a long clip that I have added to my time line in Premiere Pro CS3. I am in the process now of cutting out the unwanted parts and keeping the parts that I want. I want to be able to turn each wanted cut into a clip and put them in the project window for later use.

Is this possible? Or do I have to keep the cuts in the timeline, or is there another technique that I should be using?

Leroy

that is a very un-efficient way of editing. it is better to drage your footage to the cutting window (left monitor) and go to the start of the bit you want, then you press 'i'. go to the end of the part you want and press 'o'. now drag the video in the monitor window down onto your timeline. It sounds lng winded but belive me it's much asyer in the end.

3. Default

OK. Thank you. What do I do then when I want to use transitions beteen each cut/clip? I use the left cutting windo to fine tune the cut that I want. I find it easier to use the razer to make the cuts I want and rename each cut in the timeline. then I and make the transitions between each cut. I've learn't to use Premiere by myself through trial and error, so any suggestions are gratefully received.

Do rough cuts with the cutting monitor then and use the rasor toold to perfect it.

After all there is no set way of editing just really bad ways.

To do transitions look in the Effects window (bottom Left).