Thread: fine in the live preview, renders as white...

Default fine in the live preview, renders as white...

I am new to this forum and am making a music video with afrosamurai.avi in Vegas Pro 8, i've finished it with no problems but when i came to rendering it, most of the clips show up as just white with sound. Everything is fine in the live preview, but when i render it (in any format) most of the clips are white. I even tried taking the vegas save file and neccesary files to my mates house to see if it was just my computer but it does exactly the same thing there.
    I've checked everything i can think of between the clips that do work and the ones that dont and i cant find any reason for it, i really want to sort this issue out and would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can give me.
    cheers.

well guys after a long time of searching forums i found that if i lower the render quality to preview it works :s i dont know why it does this, my computer can deffinately handle whatever i throw at it so it cant be my computer being unable to render in best quality.
    if anyone could provide me with info on how to render this in best quality i'd still appreciate it.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
    . . .i really want to sort this issue out . . .
    Really? OK, then list ALL the formats that go into your Project and what you have your project set up as.

As it happens I never ever "Render to Best". However, I can't think of any reason why this should NOT be possible in Vegas. But let's see your specs of the Project, your Media and what you are rendering to.

So:

A] What settings have you got for your Project?

B] What is the Format of ALL your media you are using?

C] What Format are you rendering Project to?

BTW, nice handle - that IS the Hindu Monkey God - yes?

Blog Entries

Yea - more info needed.

I render everything in best and I have never had that happen. May be a problem with source material - as grazie says post what and where your media came from.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    As it happens I never ever "Render to Best".
    I appreciate this is OT, but I can't resist asking why? Surely one would always want to render a final version as best, no?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Surely one would always want to render a final version as best, no?
    - Yes, of course, and others can do what they like. However, and most likely a "hang-over" from a slower machine, and having done some visual and "scope" comparisons I then couldn't see much of a difference? Maybe with my faster QUAD, and so on, I'll change my workflow. Tim, do some tests yourself and see if you can register a difference? If you can, and you tell me, I'll introduce BEST back into my workflow. Always willing to learn. However, it would mean changing the Factory defaults and re-naming as saves though?

As it happens, I do tend to keep my workflow as near to the Factory "optimized" defaults as I can. Seems to work for me.

And when I say I keep factory defaults, I will admit to the inconsistency of changing from NTSC to PAL. And stop calling me "Shirley"!
    Last edited by Grazie; 05-11-2009 at 07:27 AM.