Thread: Image quality deterioration after inserting into movie?

Default Image quality deterioration after inserting into movie?

Hello all, I am having a problem, when I insert images into a movie clip the image quality becomes destroyed, it is all pixelated and distorted, possibly stretched?

Basicaly How do I insert an image into a video without it being rezised, so the quality stays the same as the image file when I open it outside of pinnacle studio?

I am using Pinnacle studio 12 ultimate, vista 64bit.
    Last edited by runeknight95; 05-09-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by runeknight95 View Post
    Hello all, I am having a problem, when I insert images into a movie clip the image quality becomes destroyed, it is all pixelated and distorted, possibly stretched?

Basicaly How do I insert an image into a video without it being rezised, so the quality stays the same as the image file when I open it outside of pinnacle studio?

I am using Pinnacle studio 12 ultimate, vista 64bit.
    Pinnacle defaults to the resolution of the first clip inserted on the timeline. Make sure this is the highest you are likely to use or set the resolution manually before you begin.

Hey thanks harleyriv, is there a way to change the resolution after I have started? Also how do I change it from the begining, which menu etc?

Quote Originally Posted by runeknight95 View Post
    Hey thanks harleyriv, is there a way to change the resolution after I have started? Also how do I change it from the begining, which menu etc?
    Go to setup/preferences and click the 'set from first clip added to project' or 'use this format for new projects' and set the appropriate format. You can't change the resolution once you've inserted a clip.

Pinnacle is very easy to use and will give you good, guick results, as long as you have patience or a quad core CPU. If I'm in a hurry I'll use it in preference to Vegas Pro 8, which is great but ponderous.

Harley.

Default hmmm....

i've alike problem with pinnacle 12 but suggested solution is not well for: i import video to project and app divides its by clips, preview window shows this clips with very less quality and same quality with outcome:( i setup resolution video in 'Projects Preferences' & render vid without compressing but situation has not advance to good:(