Thread: HELP PLZ video for the internet

Default HELP PLZ video for the internet

hi i was wondering i have a 2GB video file and i wanted to get it online and keep the same quality video and get the file size down to about 100meg can anyone help me please

You want to get a 2GB video file down to 100MB's and keep the quality? That is impossible, you will have to put a lot of compression on that file to get it down to 100MB. Why 100MB, Youtube will let you upload a 1GB file at a time, so less compression there but even so when Youtube gets it's grubby little hands on it, it will be converted to Flash so the quality will not be as good as the original. It's a case of video onto web = compression = loss of quality to some extent.

ok thanx what would you say would be the best way to compress the file

Which site are you planning on uploading it to? Youtube with it's 1GB limit would be the best, but it also needs to be under 10 minutes in length. If you want lots of people to watch it then Youtube is the best so far for hits. You'll need to download some additional software, ie MPEG Streamclip1.2 from Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows which you will use to convert your file to mp4 but you will also need to download QuicktimeAlt1.81 from FileHippo.com - Download Free Software.

It has to be dowloaded first and installed as it has the necessary codecs that are required to convert your original video into many other formats. Then you install MPEG Streamclip1.2 which is the app that you use to make the mp4.

what if it is already a mp4 file will that still work and compress it down to 1GB

yeah ill put it on youtube and its just over 3mins so that's fine

In MPEGStreamClip set the data rate to 3600kbps and see what size it shows. If this is still too big then reduce it to 2500kbps, hopefully you won't have to reduce it beyond that. Keep the quality slider set at 100%.

ok ill give that a try but when i render in sorrensen3 its all fine but when i render in mp4 it goes out of sync is there a reason for that do you think