Thread: p2 DVCPROHD

1. Default p2 DVCPROHD

Seeing as i had incrediblly bad crashes using AVCHD, i googled what to do, they said convert it to dvcproHD, so i did that using adobe media encoder.

Now i have a problem, some files have been duplicated and due to the size of these files i want them gone, i can view them in the browser on Premiere, but this only allows me to import, not delete.

Does anyone know any software that will allow me to browse the files i have on my pc?

They come in a contents folder with sub folders: Audio, clip, icon, proxy, video, voice.

I tried playing video files in vlc, but to no success.

Blog Entries

To delete the files use your desk top - just delete from source folder.

As for transcoding to dvpro - I wouldnt go that route - depending on the res of your camera you may be loosing a small amount of res - probably not noticable but still best avoided.

The DVCPRO HD Format

I would transcode to hdv.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    To delete the files use your desk top - just delete from source folder.

As for transcoding to dvpro - I wouldnt go that route - depending on the res of your camera you may be loosing a small amount of res - probably not noticable but still best avoided.

The DVCPRO HD Format

I would transcode to hdv.
    but it wont let me view the files from my desktop, they are coming up as different names in premiere.

Blog Entries

Odd - cant help more - dont use that app.

Blog Entries

If you can't actually see them in Windows Explorer (assuming they're not hidden file - in which case use Tools | Folder Options | View | SHow Hidden files) then they're not there. My guess would be Premiere is using some sort of alias rather than the file names.

This is one of my gripes about "user friendly" software. You never seem to know exactly where things reside or what's going on "under the bonnet". Which is all well and dandy unless you actually CARE about such things as maintenance, running out of disk space and not slowing your computer to the speed of a slug.
    Tim