Thread: Paintball video

1. Default Paintball video

Hi,

I would like to present you a old video that i directed 1 year ago, old but i still like it okay ! The shooting was done in 1 day, because we had budget restriction but some dope equipements. Its documentary style its not a cinema production, its a documentary based on this specific paintball team located in Montreal, nothing is staged except the interview.

Dont panic we ad the time for post-production, we didnt do it in one day ... Our on location equipements was.
    1 - Sony XDCAM PDW-350 ( never bring this to a paintball field again, its just stupid )
    1- shrue mixer fp-31 whit a lav and a blimp
    1- Light kit chimera + 1 lowel 3 500w light kit po

The scenario was real, using real paintball ball during the shooting, that scared me to death because the cameraman have been it on the soulder ... on the cam side !

But it was a nice day and we had a good time after.

i was the director slash DOP, and a had a camera operator, 1 sound man, and 1 .... random can i come please ? friend.

Well this is the video, By the way its in french, if you dont uderstand you can just scrool in the video to take an average look. Some paint ball action at 3:00. 8:41 and 7:15 for a second interview set.

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/2388901"]Deathkorp on Vimeo[/ame]

btw .... nice hot spot in the video preview
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -
    Sorry for my bad english im french

2. Default

133 view 0 reply :(
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -

3. Default

the last up ever, ill will apologize after
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -

Well having no clue what anyone is saying it's difficult to come to an overall conclusion. You have a good mixture of shots covering different scenes, visually it looked good as I skipped through a bit. Whether or not it would keep me watching if it was in English I honestly don't know.

Blog Entries

As Clay says, it's very difficult to comment on a documentary if you don't understand the language. If you don't have any interest in the subject matter it's doubly difficult.

The quality of the video looked pretty good though some of the shots left a lot to be desired. I'm sorry but unless you're actually in a war zone and do not have time to edit footage before broadcast there is absolutely no excuse for the wandering camera including pointing at the ground. The whole sequence from 1.07 was just a load of hosing around. If the dialogue was important you need lots of other cutaway shots. Use shots from other angles. Fake it.

There was a good mix of shots and it's important in something as exciting as this to have the variety you had of live action dialogue and locker room, more studied interview.

I'm interested in who your audience is. I suspect only people interested in paintaball will want to watch, and to that extent you can get way with quite a lot. But I think it would have to be something very special indeed to capture the interest of anyone who doesn't already have an interest in it.

(Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but that's why I refrained from posting when I first saw it)
    Tim

6. Default

Thanks,

I know for the cameraman, i was only directing on the set i was not filming. I had to do whit it in the editing.

This was my first project, it was done for the 3th years of the team, so yea the public was most paintball addict. Thanks for the comments Tim, i had always the same comments for the camera ground filming and the general action.

it was my first, thats the kind of comments that i was expecting. Im not gonna repeat it next time. I apologize, the interview was boring, need more cut away and footage overlap.
    Thanks again
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I apologize, the interview was boring, need more cut away and footage overlap.
    No need to apologize. Nobody was hurt or offended (at least not in English). The interview looked fine - I particulary liked the red/blue lighting separating the background from the interviwee. I can't comment on how boring it was as, being a typically lazy Brit, I never bothered to learn any other language (unless you count COBOL, System 360 Assember, and a few others)
    I look forward to your next film.
    Tim

I have to side with Clay on this one, sorry.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Apart from not understanding a word I enjoyed it!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber