Thread: MY MUSIC VIDEO (Evanescene's Bring me to life LIPSYNCED)

Smile MY MUSIC VIDEO (Evanescene's Bring me to life LIPSYNCED)

I want to learn more on video editing. I used vegas pro 8 in this. Although that time, I was not really familiar with tools I want to improve my video editing skills.

I had this bad camera. I'm really sorry.

I'm expecting constructive criticism. (just don't make it too harsh, I'm 15 years old FGS)

As you would see, the video isn't that clear (and I blame my continuous rendering then, editing the rendered and so on.) You would notice that the clips are still (used a tripod, and really can't control it. I was under pressure! director, cameraman, etc.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC1GI-_rA88"]YouTube - Bring Me To Life by Evanescence Music Video[/ame]

Seeing people's music video's here makes my hand stick to my face.
    i'm so embarrassed.
    Last edited by vegasguy; 05-04-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Stop the apologising already - I tht that was very good.

I cant imagine how long that took to render - ages ! - and you appear to have used every fx in vegas - and the keyfrmes - this must have taken a long long time !

I think it looks great so processed with some intersting shots - loved the split screen.

My only criticism is that maybe it is just a bit too busy maybe.

I think i like it more than you - lols.

Smile Thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Stop the apologising already - I tht that was very good.

I cant imagine how long that took to render - ages ! - and you appear to have used every fx in vegas - and the keyfrmes - this must have taken a long long time !

I think it looks great so processed with some intersting shots - loved the split screen.

My only criticism is that maybe it is just a bit too busy maybe.

I think i like it more than you - lols.
    the rendering was kind of faster (compared to what I experience now)
    you see, I was not really that familiar with vegas that time,
    I was more comfortable on WMM's timeline.

So i edited the video with it.
    And had the effects with vegas.

I was just disappointed because it looked blurred.

I saw videos here by people and I noticed they had good cameras
    I just too this with a digital camera. LOL.

THANKS FOR YOUR POST!!
    btw, what do you mean when you say "busy"??

thanks
    Last edited by vegasguy; 05-04-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Busy - maybe too many effects at one time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    loved the split screen.
    Got to agree with Mark here. A very good use of the spilt screen - a true triptych effect.

Far too busy for my liking and there were too many flashes of pure white. But don't let that put you off - my liking isn't the same as everybody elses

The lip syncing was well done.
    Tim

Good attempt using a digital camera, it certainly didn't limit you in making the video. Ok so the quality was duff but I'd take content over quality anyday... was it William Morris who said that? Anyway, too much going on in the video, just cut back on the effects, just because you have all those at your disposal it would be better to leave 95% of them behind.

Use a few that will add to the video rather than detract from it, it's the video, the song, the performer you want the audience to be interested in and not the effects. The lip synching was quite good, did you use audio playback on set while filming the scenes?

We could have been doing with seeing more of the girl, I felt a bit disconnected near the start of the video with all the shots in the field. Attractive woman = lots of close ups, remember that one! Tall grass is fine but a pretty girl is much better to look at. Title sequence at the end was unconventional but very good so I liked that, and the song is one of my favourites, ah I remember when the Sex Pistols swore on tv... happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Got to agree with Mark here. A very good use of the spilt screen - a true triptych effect.

Far too busy for my liking and there were too many flashes of pure white. But don't let that put you off - my liking isn't the same as everybody elses

The lip syncing was well done.
    yes, that was what I was expecting someone to say.
    I wanted to avoid that as much as possible.

You see, I edited this thing first from WMM. (had that "fade in to white" all over)
    With the first rendered video, it was okay.

But when it was on vegas, and I added "some" effects it turned out not so good. and not to mention annoying.

yes, it had too many effects (what will you expect from someone who was new to those effects and tried them and found them fancy, and overdone it? )

Anyway thanks for the review!
    I do hope I would improve at this thing.
    (Having people act for you is a rare thing, i was lucky that we had this biology project)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Good attempt using a digital camera, it certainly didn't limit you in making the video. Ok so the quality was duff but I'd take content over quality anyday... was it William Morris who said that? Anyway, too much going on in the video, just cut back on the effects, just because you have all those at your disposal it would be better to leave 95% of them behind.

Use a few that will add to the video rather than detract from it, it's the video, the song, the performer you want the audience to be interested in and not the effects. The lip synching was quite good, did you use audio playback on set while filming the scenes?

We could have been doing with seeing more of the girl, I felt a bit disconnected near the start of the video with all the shots in the field. Attractive woman = lots of close ups, remember that one! Tall grass is fine but a pretty girl is much better to look at. Title sequence at the end was unconventional but very good so I liked that, and the song is one of my favourites, ah I remember when the Sex Pistols swore on tv... happy days.
    Thanks for the post!

I love my digital camera.
    The raw videos had okay quality.
    It was just the rendering and editing, and rendering again.

I just want to know what you meant about "effects"
    (was it the transitions? the fade-thing? the contrast?) i'm sorry, im no expert at these terms.

Yes, we played the song.

The girl was pretty good. Yes, the title sequence was there because it was a HS project.

I learned a lot from you sir.
    Thanks!

9. Default

Too much effect, like ... I was lost sometimes, I was just trying to focus on what is happening behind so many effects.

But its a music video, so its the time to have fun and experiment. But next time i would focus more on the cinematography, the storyboard and the lightning in the shooting instead of tying to make the most of the job in the editing process.
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -
    Sorry for my bad english im french