Thread: Covering an area?

1. Default Covering an area?

You see on videos like on the news, where they blur out someones face. How is that done? I can get something on there, but it won't move with the video. So if the person walked from one side to the other, how do I get it to stay covering?

I understand each software is different, but generally how is it done? Examples?

Western Europe

You have to keyframe it. As someone moves across the screen, you have to animate the graphic or mask to make it move aswell. So you would set an X co-ordinate keyframe say at 0 and then at the end of the movement you would set another X co-oridinate keyframe to say 360. When you play the clip back the graphic or mask will travel from 0 to 360 or from the first keyframe to the next. Or if you want to move the graphic or mask up or down then it is a Y co-ordinate keyframe.

3. Default

But won't that just move from one side to the other? What if the person moves around alot and it has to move all over the place?

Western Europe

Yes the info I gave above was a basic demo on how the keyframing works, if the person is jumping about all over the place then you will be doing a lot of X and Y co-ordinate keyframing.

5. Default

Ok I will check it out. My software has keyframes and an X & Y. Just have to figure it out. Thanks