Thread: Talking swearing pigeons.

Blog Entries

Default Talking swearing pigeons.

Pigeons cant act but i think they may be much more intelligent than they let on.

A pair have lived in my house for a few years as I feed them. I could hear the babies so I thought it would be interesting to film them.

Up ladder - film for ages - look to see if anything looks interesting - repeat for an hour or so.

All shot on my old tatty sony PC4 with cheap and nasty wide adaptor. Me leaning off ladder holding camera.

In post the contrast is increased a bit. The sec col corrector was used to make the colour of the pigeon's chest much more vivid, with the side effect that the extreme foreground is a bit blue.

I think the pigeons wanted me to stop - this is what I imagine the conversation was. It was spooky how easy it was to cobble together some words to fit.

Pigeon footsteps is crisp packet being squeezed.

Contains swearing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALwTS2NgxfI]YouTube - Talking Swearing Pigeons.[/ame]
    Last edited by Mark W; 05-03-2009 at 06:45 PM.

what a coincidence.... only the other day i was having a conversation with someone about the fact that you never see a young pigeon !

Blog Entries

That'll teach you to go round filming kids. And I bet you haven't got a signed release.
    (I admire your patience in order to get the shots)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Lols.

My next door asked what diy I was doing - silly man - lols.

I also have babies pigeons getting fed, taking a crap, and then appearing to specualte on the meaning of life and if the unverse continues behind the wall.

There may be more....

I certainly enjoyed that, it was a very funny take on a subject that has either affected us in the past or will affect us at some stage in the future. You'll be getting a knock on the front door one of these days when the pigeons get an agent, now that could get messy. I hope none of them have heard/seen Christian Bales recent performance and start getting ideas?

6. Default

lol

awsome ! film of the year !
    Dont really know what to say now .... ill juts post this.
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -
    Sorry for my bad english im french

Blog Entries

Film of the year - ' I would like to thank my mum and everyone who made this possible, tears, I made it for the pigeons, thier time has come '