Thread: ChrisG...anyone spoke to him recently...

Default ChrisG...anyone spoke to him recently...

Would love to pick his brains about a few things, especially now the Caravan channel seems to have grown a fair bit.

Need some help with a few things...all smoke an d mirrors to me...but he and who knows...someone else on here might know a bit about...I'll give you an example...

Format
    All master material should be delivered by the Client (or client distributor) on Digital Betacam videotape 625/50.

where can you get that done...or...

Line-up durations

Bars and tone 09:57:00:00 09:59:00:00
    Clock or slate 09:59:00:00 09:59:30:00
    Black and silence 09:59:30:00 10:00:00:00
    Start of programme 10:00:00:00
    End of programme 2 minutes of black

Line-up levels
    Colour bars EBU 75% Chroma bars
    Audio line-up levels -18dB fs
    Peak programme levels No more than +8Db over line up
    Audio tracks 1 + 2 Stereo / 3 + 4 Mono mix
    Chroma level 75%
    Video peak white level 100% (+/- 2%)

oh dear...headache coming on ...I really know nothing about broadcast standards...
    Last edited by torby; 05-02-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries

This might help?

http://www.channel4.com/corporate/4p...quirements.pdf

Or are you asking how you can achieve said standards?

Thanks for that Andy...a nice bit of light reading....lol...reason I asked about Chris....he's already doing it ...horses mouth and all that....its one thing pointing and shooting, then editing, its another thing trying to work out all these broadcast specs, like yourself we have shot a number of different project, most finish up on DVD and some are actually selling quite well for the artist....but getting it onto tv is a different matter....best get my reading glasses out then....

Blog Entries

All i know is that it is something to do with that videoscope thing in vegas that looks well teccy.

I would also have thought that broadcasters can easily make any video fall within broadcastable numbers with a few clever boxes.

DV / HDV has a huger colour gamut than broadcast stds I think so its probably all about limits.

Interesting info Torby on what the tv companies want before you send them anything in. Why is there only 30 seconds of black at the start and 2 minutes of black at the end? Two minutes of bars and tone, I'd end up in a psychiatric hospital if I had to listen to two minutes of that awful sound.

not too sure what they want...I emailed them anyway...and it seems if you pay the money you can practically broadcast what you want....I agree about some of the specs....if its exclusive footage (and I mean cheap mobile phone) the news programs will broadcast anything...lol....even a hand drawn "flicker book" probably....

even a hand drawn "flicker book" probably.... I can see it happening one of these days, SUN world exclusive...