Thread: short promotional paintball vid

Default short promotional paintball vid

my first post here, i'm just a beginner but i'm interested to learn more about filming and editing
    need some feedback please

it looks like you filmed from only two locations during the paintballing shots. maybe some alternative locations and angles??

Next time consider getting right in the action, protect yourself and the camera and get shot.

I'd agree with the above, its pretty good.

I myself think the stick man thing looks a bit naff. I 'd get rid of that.

It could be cool to get some closer shots of the action; though you may have to stage some of that so you dont get hit your self.

shots down the sight of the barrel, people getting hit. A little creativity.

Still its a good promo

thanks for the input so far, it's appreciated
    actually i didn't film the footage myself, i was a player (u see me at 00:21). my mate did the filming, i will pass on the feedback.

5. Default

Love the look and feel, the graphics / text complement the subject really weel although I do agree that you need some shots of close up faces taking aim, poking heads above protection etc. Surely you don't need to film these bits when a game is actually going on - just pretend!!

I actually liked the animated figure, was a clever break and made me smile, although I guess it wuld be even better if the animation was done properly.

All in all, good effort! Did you get the black wire graphic from anywhere in particular or did you make it from scratch yourself? Would love to use that in one of my films.

6. Default

Nice one, but the footage could have been more intense, like close up or in field angle. I have done a paintball video [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/2388901]Deathkorp on Vimeo[/ame] and i know how hard it could be sometimes to film and to know that your camera can be damage at any moment even if you take care of it.

The editing is good .... but a bit repetitive, like action .... text .... action .... text , and the same kind of action whit the same kind of text. This could work for a 30 sec spot. But you can do something more interesting in 1,30min.

Good luck for your next video !
    Television Technician
    - My Videos -
    Sorry for my bad english im french

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    All in all, good effort! Did you get the black wire graphic from anywhere in particular or did you make it from scratch yourself? Would love to use that in one of my films.
    a normal sony vegas transition