Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Final Stage!

Blog Entries

Default The Final Stage!

After all the days of planning, the wonderful support of Chris Worth Productions and more importantly the hard work of the forum members that have produced some inspired entrants, it's time for you to vote for the entries. As the only entries in their respective categories, gilliang and bgarthp are automatic category winners. So I've decided to put them in with the short film entries for an overall winner (the highest ranked short film entry will place as category winner). So get dowloading and get voting! You can also post your comments...

You can download, vote and post comments for all of the videos here:
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/cms_articles.php?cid=2

Marc
    Video Forums UK

Right, I've downloaded them all at home this mornign and shall watch them tonight.

Oh and Marc - why not make this thread Sticky and remove the "next stage" one :-P

Hats off to you Marc. You've done a great job putting this comp together!

I've only watched a couple fo the movies so far and added my rating to them. I have this crappy laptop at work (which makes most of them run terribly slow) so the rest will have to wait till I get home.

Got to echo Millsy's comment, a very good competition overall. I have to admit than in a way I no longer regret my hard disk disappearing off the edge of the world. Thats because there is no way I could have come up to the high standards set by all. Every single film has its merits, and every single entrant should be congratulated on their entry.

Well done everybody.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

I may have missed somethng, but could someone clarify how we're supposed to be voting, please.

We seem to be marking out of 5, but are we doing it eurovision style, with 5 for our favourite, 4 for second etc, or simply giving marks out of 5 for each entry, whereby two or even three films could get the same mark.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Blog Entries

Each film should be voted on its own merit. So each film can have a maximum of 5, and you could give each film 5/5 if you wanted.

Blog Entries

Millsy has stormed into an early lead, and your webmaster's entry has been poo-pooed more than a suggestion of a swift half after an AA meeting.

Keep the votes and comments coming. Voting will close at the end of the month when the final number of votes at 00:00 on 01 December will be stand as final. We will then have a new resident competition winner and there will be much backslapping and rejoicing, purejammy will pass the mantle over and t-shirts, prizes and lots of kudos will be awarded.

My tiny little mind has already been beavering away at creating a Video Contest 2005, so you can expect an uninspired competition announced in the new year.

I will once again enter the competition in as ass whipping boy

Blog Entries

I've made a mistake. I admit it. I should never have placed the short film videos with the other videos as it's not really fair to compare the very different genres...

...I will be available for a public flogging this afternoon at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    ... purejammy will pass the mantle over and t-shirts...
    So then Mr. Jammy, did you ever get your cirtificate? And if he has to hand over his t-shirt, can he wash it first please

Indeed I did get a certificate, mailed very quickly after th first comp. very proud of it I am too. Unfortunately they didn't do T-Shirts in those days., but I think every entrant in this comp deserves a T-Shirt, very high standard isn't it?
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast