Thread: Green screen capture error

Default Green screen capture error

I think this is a pretty common error but when I search for it on google and stuff I only get info about pinnacles green screen function -_-

Anyways, the problem occurs when I try to capture something in high resultion.
    If I go 720 x something the preview screen and the captured material is green with a picture of one frame of the captured material at the top of the screen.

It works perfect in any other res.
    I tried capturing on a friends laptop and then it worked perfectly in any resolution.

Iv'e tried to update all my drivers and downloaded and reinstalled several codec packs and reinstalling Pinnacle Studios aswell, Iv'e also tried capturing in another program but it still doesnt work :(

HELP!

These are the specs for my comp:

Acer TravelMate 2313LCi Specs - DealTime.co.uk

Blog Entries

Looking at posts on here for a few years now - seems to me that pinaccle is a piece of bug ridden crap.

Considor moving along to a new editor - I suspect ever more stress is in store otherwise.

Are you getting any error reports such as dropped frames during or after the capture? Your computer only has 512MB RAM and a Celeron processor and a bus speed of 400Mhz, those are well below the minimum spec needed to capture video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Are you getting any error reports such as dropped frames during or after the capture? Your computer only has 512MB RAM and a Celeron processor and a bus speed of 400Mhz, those are well below the minimum spec needed to capture video.
    Nope.
    When I do capture I get pretty good quality. It's just frustrating to know that you can have greater resolutions :/

But yeah it's probably my shitty comp fault.

Check if Your processor works too hard with higher resolutions. Check that from Task Manager's Performance tab (ctrl+alt+del) - CPU Usage should be between 5-15% during Your capture software is on and if it is nearly 100% so Your system can not work right. Try to stop other processes (if You know what they are) or buy more RAM or bigger processor.

i had the same problem once and i turn off the iLink option on my camcorder