Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas and MPEG Layer-3 audio?

Post Sony Vegas and MPEG Layer-3 audio?

Hi.

I'm learning Sony Vegas 9 which I think is a great program to start out with, not too easy and family-dad like and not to much fanatism either. But let's get to the point. :P

I'm wondering why on earth I can't render my projects with no greater quality than 56 Kbit MPEG Layer-3 sound! It's the highest option you can have. I asked Sony support, but they said I could use DVD Architect (yeah right, that's another 30 bucks or so), to merge them toghether, but no thanks, that's what I say. Although if I only render it in MP3 sound with no video at all, it can come up to 320 Kbit or something. But I of course need the video.

Does anyone share the same thought or have a solution to the problem?

I have tried downloading several codecs like LAME MP3, but as soon as I render with that, it comes up with the error which says that it found an error reading from a codec.

Anyone?

PS. Please, not to be impolite, but please don't answer with a different answer than the question is about, I really hate that, but it will also help others who will find this using a search engine.
    Last edited by Hormath; 04-29-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Resist the new world order! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvTy_fVdJ8

First of all, it would be helpful to know what your source format is and what you are trying to render out to (I don't know about anyone else but I really hate not being told that).

Unless you're producing a DVD, DVD Architect is pointless - and if you are you shouldn't be outputting MP3 audio anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by connorfranks View Post
    hi, ive used vegas for a little while now and think its great, obviously no where near the complexity of avid or even final cut BUT its a great starter and lets face it...who likes WMM?!

Any way, to get a better audio quality you need to (before rendering) click 'MAKE MOVIE' at the top. This gives you far more information on which to base your render. including 256kbps for 5.1.

I HOPE this helps, please go easy on me everybody, this is my first post,
    I did use "Make movie". Can you get 256 kbps in stereo? Because I can't..

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E View Post
    First of all, it would be helpful to know what your source format is and what you are trying to render out to (I don't know about anyone else but I really hate not being told that).

Unless you're producing a DVD, DVD Architect is pointless - and if you are you shouldn't be outputting MP3 audio anyway.
    It's AVI, with any codec used. But in this case I wanna render out with DivX and 128 kbps MP3 audio.

I would also say that using DVD Architect would be pointless.
    Last edited by Hormath; 04-30-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Don't know if this is any help but.....

Firstly, you're both using a version of Vegas Movie Studio and not Vegas Pro (previously just "Vegas"). How do I know that? Vegas Pro is not available in version 9 yet and it doesn't have the Make Movie button (also, Connor, it can certainly rival FCP if not Avid)

This difference is important as VMS doesn't have much of the stuff in Pro (including various licences for codecs). In future PLEASE indicate which verion you have so that you increase your chances of getting the correct support.

Now, I've just loaded up my Vegas Movie Studio Platinum version 6 and I CAN File | Render As...MP3 Audio up to 320Kbps, 44,100 kHz.

Interesting.

My guess is that if you don't have that option, then I can do it because I've also got Vegas Pro 8 loaded on my PC (Or DVD Architect 5.0)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Don't know if this is any help but.....

Firstly, you're both using a version of Vegas Movie Studio and not Vegas Pro (previously just "Vegas"). How do I know that? Vegas Pro is not available in version 9 yet and it doesn't have the Make Movie button (also, Connor, it can certainly rival FCP if not Avid)

This difference is important as VMS doesn't have much of the stuff in Pro (including various licences for codecs). In future PLEASE indicate which verion you have so that you increase your chances of getting the correct support.

Now, I've just loaded up my Vegas Movie Studio Platinum version 6 and I CAN File | Render As...MP3 Audio up to 320Kbps, 44,100 kHz.

Interesting.

My guess is that if you don't have that option, then I can do it because I've also got Vegas Pro 8 loaded on my PC (Or DVD Architect 5.0)

Oh sorry, I thought I had enough information. I have Vegas Movie Studio 9, this one: Sony Creative Software - Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition - Introduction although it's a trial.

When you tried as you say with your Vegas Movie Studio Platinum version 6, is that just MP3 audio file alone, or is it video also? Because I can also render it high quality if I save it as .MP3, but I want the video too.

I'll check out Vegas Pro, but as of what I can see on the website, there should be no difference in terms of audio production.

I've attached a picture with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hormath View Post
    I'll check out Vegas Pro, but as of what I can see on the website, there should be no difference in terms of audio production.
    No there's no difference in the options between the Pro version and Movie Studio for MP3 encoding. The error you've reported in the lame encoder is a common problem with Vegas.

It would be worth trying an alternative codec such as the one here.

Fraunhofer MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder

No there's no difference in the options between the Pro version and Movie Studio for MP3 encoding. The error you've reported in the lame encoder is a common problem with Vegas.

It would be worth trying an alternative codec such as the one here.

Fraunhofer MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder

Nope, doesn't help, in fact makes it worse as I can't choose any MP3 encoding now..

Ok. Then another option is to frameserve out of Movie Studio to VirtualDub and allow that to do the DivX/MP3 encoding.

Debugmode FrameServer Homepage

Ok. Then another option is to frameserve out of Movie Studio to VirtualDub and allow that to do the DivX/MP3 encoding.

Debugmode FrameServer Homepage
    Yeah I know that solution, but should a some-80$ not be able to support higher quality than 56 Kbit MPEG- Layer-3?

I'm afraid I must use this solution, it's just weird.

What other audio codec/format would you recommend? I want to use it for YouTube videos, so the audio doesn't take up to much size, so the loading get's fast.

And by the way, how do I delete/uninstall that Fraunhofer MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder codec again?
    Last edited by Hormath; 04-30-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hormath View Post
    Yeah I know that solution, but should a some-80$ not be able to support higher quality than 56 Kbit MPEG- Layer-3?

I'm afraid I must use this solution, it's just weird.

What other audio codec/format would you recommend? I want to use it for YouTube videos, so the audio doesn't take up to much size, so the loading get's fast.
    YouTube will re-encode what you send them anyway. However, here's a discussion on the Vegas Pro formum that may help:

Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast