Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commemorative DVD?

Default Commemorative DVD?

Marc,

You mentioned this a while back. Is it still happening? If so, are you simply intending to burn the entries as uploaded to a disk for distribution (a bit like an Oscar screener I suppose) or did you want a full DV AVI version so you can make a DVD runable on a set top box with menus etc?

Let us know your intentions ok?

I hope this is still going ahead, I thought it was a full DV AVI version, if so, mine easily fits on a DVD-r, where do we send them?
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

Yep, still going ahead (although there were less entries than I'd hoped! (moan moan moan)). I'll hopefully have all the entries posted tonight btw and then the voting can commence!!!

I hope the voting is blind voting out of ten for each movie (except your own I guess) rather than the simple 'choose your favourite' type voting buttons that a standard 'poll' allows.

Not sure if your 'forums' code will cater for that natuarally Marc but I think it would be a better voting mechanism. Maybe even if the voting had to done as emails?

Also, is voting going to be restricted to a certain post count to avoid the "I'll register under another name so I can vote again" syndrome?

So what's the voting format then?

Blog Entries

It was going to be the former, but it would appear that latter has now been requested, which involves more work for muggins.

I mentioned this before in another thread a while ago. My idea for a voting format would be a, sort of, Eurovision voting thingy.

5 points for the one you thing is best. 4 for the next down to 1.

Or extend to ten maybe if there's enough entries.

Blog Entries

Don't forget to post your DV AVI to me people! For those outside the EU, you might want to upload it to the FTP server. (But please email before you do, as I'd want to do it in the next bandwidth cycle!!!)

Blog Entries

First DV arrived today. Cheers Ben!

On the T-Shirt front, shall I go for Polo or T-Shirts?

Can I put a vote in for Polo shirts please .
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

Only 3 (one promised, two recieved) DV AVIs sent. If those that haven't sent their video to me email me your paypal acount details, I'll provide some money to pay for P&P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast