Thread: Huge AVI File after Rendering a 2 mins. Video Presentation

Unhappy Large AVI File after Rendering in Sony Vegas Pro 8

Hello Everyone! I'm new in Sony Vegas also in this site.
    I have a problem with rendering files in Sony Vegas Pro 8. I made a 2mins video presentation captured from SD Cam. The size of the project is 720x480 and when i tried to render it as AVI, after rendering the file became 523 MB. I would like to ask how to render it in a small size and the quality is still presentable.

In the presentation I made 5 VideoFX for after each Voice Over and also there is a background music.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by alsabaso™; 04-28-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Although this wont be the best solution for quality, but if you want a quick fix, open the video in Movie Maker, then reder it normally... or compress it to whatever you want

EDIT: If you havnt done this already, when you're about to render, click 'custom' on the export settings, then under Video you can choose 'Draft/preview/good/best', obviously draft will be the lowest output.
    Last edited by benesotor; 04-28-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alsabaso™ View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'm new in Sony Vegas also in this site.
    I have a problem with rendering files in Sony Vegas Pro 8. I made a 2mins video presentation captured from SD Cam. The size of the project is 720x480 and when i tried to render it as AVI, after rendering the file became 523 MB. I would like to ask how to render it in a small size and the quality is still presentable.

In the presentation I made 5 VideoFX for after each Voice Over and also there is a background music.

Thanks in advance.
    That's not a problem with Sony Vegas. Standard Def DV (dvsd) avi is approx 13GB per hour. That's the format your camera captures and thet's the format you use if you need to retain all the info.

You don't say how you want to display your presentation. Just about any other format will reduce the file size significantly. For DVD video we use MPEG-2. For web - well just about anything but WMV is common.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    That's not a problem with Sony Vegas. Standard Def DV (dvsd) avi is approx 13GB per hour. That's the format your camera captures and thet's the format you use if you need to retain all the info.

You don't say how you want to display your presentation. Just about any other format will reduce the file size significantly. For DVD video we use MPEG-2. For web - well just about anything but WMV is common.

Thanks Tim. Now I understand, but i was confused on torrent uploader why his uploaded movie limit only to 700mb and still in good quality.

Blog Entries

Thanks Mark this one is a big help for me. Anyway, sorry for the late reply. I was so busy last few months because of my first baby girl.