Thread: "She's Behind You!" - Film Trailer

Default "She's Behind You!" - Film Trailer

My first attempt at any kind of filming, so go easy on me - I've seen some of the harsh criticism others have received!

She's Behind You is a horror film trailer, shot with a basic Sony HDD handycam (DCR-SR70).

I now have to produce another piece for my uni module and am struggling! Wish I could hand this in...

If I could go back and change anything, it would be the lift scene. I think it is the weakest by far.

Western Europe

Interesting, no prizes for guessing which film(s) influenced you. The fades to black have to go, a cut works much better, the ghost effect in the corridor is well done, but I think if you are going to make the character a ghost like figure in one scene then keep using that rather than changing back to a normal looking person in the next scene.

The scenes could have been a lot darker, that would make it more menacing looking, it just looked like the inside of a college. You need long shots of corridors with a Dutch Tilt, you at one end with the camera and the talent opening a door or briefly looking through the glass panel on it, with maybe just one light switched on, if you have any long corridors then use them. Shots of empty stairwells again looking down them into the darkness below I think also looks good. Catching glimpses of movement or shadows can work very well if done correctly.

Thanks for the input.

It was a little bit of a strange project. I had all the ideas in my head, but didn't even play with the video editing software (Premier and AE) until I had filmed the footage. Sadly this meant I missed a lot of opportunities hence the ghost not being faded in the majority of the shots. I never realised how powerful the tools were that I had at my disposal.

As for dark shots, I found them hard with such a basic camera and have only just realised now that dark shots don't have to be filmed in the dark

I'm about to start work on my next project - I'll post it on here too and hope people see an improvement.
    Last edited by The Omen; 04-26-2009 at 11:56 PM.

Western Europe

Keep working at it and learning from the experience. That is the only way you will see what works and what doesn't work.

5. Default

Echo the comments above - there is potential there!

Last edited by The Omen; 05-21-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Please remove this and place it in a new thread. One film per thread - otherwise it becomes very confusing. Thanks!

This has some great bones, with a much tighter edit and a reduced screen time it would be stunning. My only thought fro you to consider is shoot stuff much tighter, look at ant commercial film / TVseries, it's all shot real tight, doing that will give your efforts a much bigger impact.

Never be fearful of a full frame of info.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video