Thread: Architect Scene selection

1. Question Architect Scene selection

I have a query about scene selections in Architect Studio 4.5
    When making a menu based DVD with scene selection, the DVD jumps to the chapter mark and plays from there until the end of the video is reached and then loops back to the menu page.
    Is it possible to make the menu jump to the scene selection chosen( chapter point) and mark the end of the scene in some way that will return to the menu to allow a new selection to be made without playing the rest of the DVD after the chapter mark.
    The movie is 1 complete file with chapter markers for the scenes.
    I guess the desired result could be obtained by breaking the original file down into individual movies for each selection but then if the play all selection was chosen there would be noticeable jumps as the DVD jumps from one movie to the next.
    Do any of you wizards have a simple answer to this ? any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Red.kite
    Places to see, scenes to video, techniques to learn DVD's to burn.
    Not enough time !!!
    red.kite Abingdon, England

You answer is correct in some ways about making small files, but you can do that in DVD-A
    set the IN chapter marker and in the timeline, drag the end marker, to the point you want the chapter to end. Just drop as many of the same MPEGs into DVD and do the same for the other chapter markers. As DVD-A See's the same clip it does not add take any additional space on the DVD

3. Thumbs up

Thanks for that Z Cheema
    I would never have thought of loading multiple copies of the mpeg onto Architect as I would have expected it to fill the DVD. I had tried putting In and Out markers onto the mpeg but as I found, you can only put 1 set of markers onto a copy of the mpeg.
    I did search the Forum and the software help but I could only find reference to adding a scene selection menu by adding markers to the mpeg but this didn't give the result I wanted.
    Now I know how to do it, I will have to be a bit more careful with my editing to make sure that as well as having a suitable In point for scene selections that there is also a corresponding Out point to give soft transitions.

Regards
    Red.kite
    Places to see, scenes to video, techniques to learn DVD's to burn.
    Not enough time !!!
    red.kite Abingdon, England