Thread: Old 10 FPS footage

Default Old 10 FPS footage

Hi All,

I'm having trouble using some old footage in Premiere Pro CS4 that I captured years ago.

It's quite poor, small and at 10fps, it's a nostalgic look back at an old life I once lead which was captured on a digital camera.

I want to stich the footage together, which should be the easiet job in the world. I use Premiere, After Effects and other tools on a weekly basis, so this should prove no hardship.

For some unknown reason Premiere can't correctly use the footage, playback of audio is fine but video is fixed to what looks like 1 frame every 10 seconds. Any other media player has no trouble with the clips. Scrubbing in a preview window and using it in a 10fps sequence yields the same result.

g-spot doesn't show anything abnormal, its a motion-JPEG avi file which is from what I can see interpreted correctly by Premiere.

Any advice appreciated

Blog Entries

The quickest solution would be to use a third party application (such as TMPEGenc Xpress or VirtualDub) to convert to DV AVI and then import this into Premiere.