Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It wont render!!.. please help

Default It wont render!!.. please help

Hi New Vegas edited buddies.

I have just completed an edit for my band and i'm trying to render it. Its 3 mins long but the render gets to about 33% and Vegas (6) crashes. I thought it was a corrupt file so i removed the likely culprit but it still does it in almost the same place. I then tried to render the second half of the edit and it done the same around 30% it either crashes or it just stops moving on with the render and the timer will just tick on till you stop it.

Im rendering in MPEG2 - dvd pal (although i have tried in diffrent formats) I do have some slight memory spec issues but i've never had problems before.

Any Ideas?????......

Thanks
    Shaun.

Blog Entries

Just vegas crashing or the desk top crashing??

If latter it will be overheating of the cpu.

Suggest you check the temps if it is a system wide crash.

hi mark,

it just a Vegas crash...

Seems to be,... but....

I spent last night removing some programs i dont use, i got rid of quite a bit. I rendered again and this time it got to 1:39 rather than 1:03 or so..... I'm starting to think it may be a shortage of ram issue. I am running relative low spec.... 1gb. Would you agree?

I think it's asking too much to try to edit a video with 1 gig of RAM. This is based on practical experience, I've tried it and failed, the project crashed about two minutes into the rendering process. This was using Power Director 7, so I wouldn't blame Vegas for the problem.
    I haven't tried to edit with 2 gig of RAM, which might be your next logical step, because I don't have a PC with this spec, mine are either 4 gig or 8 gig. Maybe someone on the forum edits successfully with 2 gig.

i think you could be right.... although i have suscessfully rendered much larger project on the same pc with no issue. I think i may have to upgrade.

Thanks everyone for your help.

shaun

Blog Entries

Vegas min req - Sony Creative Software - Vegas Pro 8 - System Requirements

Only 1 gig needed. I ran vegas 5 for eons in 512 meg with no probs.

Computers do not crash cos of ram shortages. Thay just get slower as the swap file on the hd gets used more.

I thnk it is unlikely to be that unless your pc is sick in other ways.

I presume is the same if you start with a just reset machine ?

Yeah, it seems whatever or whenever i do it it the same. The PC never crashes just vegas. somwtimes it stays open but the render just freezes. I left it rendering whilst i went to work today and when i got home it was on 51%, the estimated time left to render was 0:00 and the render duration was 10 hours!!.... pretty baffled.

I'm gonna try knocking up a completely different project and trying to render that.

cheers

It was a memory issue! I just bought another GB of ram and it rendered 1st time.

thanks for all your help...

here's the vid by the way..... there is some poor quality footage used but its all i had...and i'm new to this!! and You Tube sucks!..... (im the drummer btw)

Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast