Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio help needed

1. Default Audio help needed

Hi there,

I recently posted my forst draft promotional video for a local VJ and have taken views on this forum onboard and dumped the client's interview which was in it and recorded a new one using my wife as the V/O.

Trouble is ..... the sound is coming across is too echoey as it was recorded in our kids' playroom. Does anyone know whether Vegas has the audio editing tools to correct sound issues like this and if so could you point me in the right direction to reduce echo in audio or ... do I need to buy other software which could do the job?

Many thanks

Blog Entries

Do the recording in again in a different room. Pref one with carpet and sound deadening materials. To qualify that response, trying to fix something poor never works 100%. Always better to do it again properly. And this time, monitor on headphones so you can hear as you record.

3. Default

I knew that would be the answer!! No shortcuts then??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    I knew that would be the answer!! No shortcuts then??
    Is there ever? Sorry mate - go back and do it again.... You never know, she might even give you a better performance now she's had some practice - I always focus on the good points!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Does anyone know whether Vegas has the audio editing tools to correct sound issues like this
    Just to be pedantic and perhaps emphasise the point that you already understand....Changing the amount of reverb/echo isn't really correcting the sound. The sound is already correct in that this is what the mic picked up. Correcting would be adjusting for any colouration that the mic/recording equipment added (eg emphasised bass/treble, hiss etc which is often possible to deal with in post
    Last edited by TimStannard; 04-24-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: formatting
    Tim

6. Default

... and do you know how best to do this in post Tim? I can't seem to find any audio editing tools in Vegas (I'm assuming there must be some as it started out as an audio editor) other than the non-real time effects which I can't master as you can't hear them as you make changes in real time (obviously).

Blog Entries

Why try to make the best of the bad job? The time you'll spend trying to get something 'right' (and most likely failing to get it perfect!) would be better spent doing it again wouldn't it?

Sorry to keep on, but you might as well get it right, yes?

8. Default

You're right of course - it's just that I've already added the interview section into my project (after converting a room in the house into a mini studio), chromakeyed and edited my wife as the presenter and spent hours in edit getting it to fit so I guess I'm just a bit reluctant to have to go through all that again!

Still, needs must I know

Blog Entries

Why do all that? A simple voice over is all it needs really - no need to film her at all I think....

Blog Entries

Bad sound can rarely be fixed. Get it right from the mic.

I havent tried this but my muso friend suggested a big card board box lined with foam / carpet - record with head in box. Seriously...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast