Thread: Premiere Pro Interlace or not question....

Default Premiere Pro Interlace or not question....

I've been having fun with my Panasonic NV400GC. You can shoot in standard 16x9 or what the manual describes as "Pro-Cinema" which is 16x9 and filmed in 25 frames per second "with a strobe like effect". I can see that Pro-Cinema looks slightly darker, but does probably look more film-like (I am assuming that the normal 16x9 mode is filming at 24 frames per sec).

When I render, using first Premiere Pro, and then burn using Encore, I can see fluctuations in the image, like the image isn't totally stable. I can see this clearly on my projection screen.

The question is, is this an interlacing issue - I aways tick "de-interlaced" and not "lower frame 1st" mode when I render - Is this the problem?

Blog Entries

You can shoot in standard 16x9 or what the manual describes as "Pro-Cinema" which is 16x9 and filmed in 25 frames per second "with a strobe like effect". I can see that Pro-Cinema looks slightly darker, but does probably look more film-like (I am assuming that the normal 16x9 mode is filming at 24 frames per sec).
    I may be wrong, but it sounds like the "pro-cinema" is filming progresive scan. Although (one of) the holy grails for "film look", this take a while to get used to - if you treat your cam like the usual amateur point and shot bod (like me ), you could end up with a strobing mess as the picture doesn't update as quickly. Practice those smooth pans my friend.

24fps would only be likely if you've got an NTSC camera, otherwise it'll be 25fps PAL. Or, the 24fps is the film look option. Is it called 24p?

No - its not progessive scan. I've double checked that on the net. I think its how I'm encoding. Like I say, I think it's to do with my settings when rendering. Like I say, do I click deinterlace, or go with lower frame business....

What settings do you guys use?