Thread: The A Team intro tutorial for Sony Vegas

Default The A Team intro tutorial for Sony Vegas

I have started using Sony Vegas and have been asked to create The A Team opening credits. You know the one where The A Team logo appears as if its being shot onto the screen with bullets. Does anyone know if such a tutorial exists? If not would anyone know how to go about creating it?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Unless you have been editing for ages this is a non trivial task.

This will likely take you forever and drive you mad but it will be a great way to learn.

Read ALL ALL ALL of the vegas manual and some other stuff on editing so you grok the basics. Apply lateral thinking to the tools you learn.

It is naive to expect a tut to tell you I think

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Unless you have been editing for ages this is a non trivial task.

This will likely take you forever and drive you mad but it will be a great way to learn.

Read ALL ALL ALL of the vegas manual and some other stuff on editing so you grok the basics. Apply lateral thinking to the tools you learn.

It is naive to expect a tut to tell you I think
    To be honest with you I didn't think creating a 2/3 second clip would have been that dfficult. The last thing I need is something that will drive me mad and turn me off using the software. I have only been using Sony Vegas for a few weeks and have only created very, very basic titles. Maybe I should try and find someone who could create it for me for a small fee. But that kinda defeats the object of having the software in the first place. I appreciate your comments though.

Blog Entries

Discussed and solutions proposed in this very forum:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...am-titles.html

However please note:

Creating a 2/3 second clip is easy. Film something for 2/3 seconds. Recreating something which probably originally took many many EXPERIENCED and SKILLED hours is not something you or I should expect to be able to do in minutes.

In truth the difficult part is coming up with the idea. The rest is just technology. But you still need to learn the technology.

The realisation of Shrek is just computer graphics but I couldn't make it with access to all the tools in the world. Just cos the facilities exist doesn't mean it's easy.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Discussed and solutions proposed in this very forum:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...am-titles.html

However please note:

Creating a 2/3 second clip is easy. Film something for 2/3 seconds. Recreating something which probably originally took many many EXPERIENCED and SKILLED hours is not something you or I should expect to be able to do in minutes.

In truth the difficult part is coming up with the idea. The rest is just technology. But you still need to learn the technology.

The realisation of Shrek is just computer graphics but I couldn't make it with access to all the tools in the world. Just cos the facilities exist doesn't mean it's easy.
    Thanks for the link TimStannard, its much appreciated. I think I may have been a little nieve in thinking it would only take me a few days to create.

I appreciate all the help I can get in this thread and will be reading the information in the thread you have linked to very carefully.

You will all be hearing a lot from me over the next week or two because that is the time frame I have been given to try and complete it.

Once again thanks for the advice and any ionformation/help will be grately appreciated.

déjà vu . . . .