Thread: Premier 6 and TMPGenc and Video Server plugin Beta 2

Default Premier 6 and TMPGenc and Video Server plugin Beta 2

Hello to everyone.
    I'm new to the Forums and new to video to DVD. I've produced my final video in Premier 6, downloaded TMPGenc and Premier Plugin Beta 2. I believe I've installed them correctly (following read me files) but when I select the option to export the Timeline and click "Settings" in the dialogue box there is no "Video Server" present in the drop down menu. Can anyone advise me please? I've managed to produce a Quicktime file of my project (using Cleaner 5 EZ) but really want to encode my completed project for viewing on DVD.

David

Blog Entries

You could always create an intermediate DV AVI and use this in TMPGenc. I stopped frameserving when as it was actually taking longer (the encoding was slower and the time taken to output to DV AVi is FAST).

Thank you Marc. After several hours experimenting this afternoon I did realise that I should produce an AVI file first then encode to MPEG. I tried a sample but have not yet found the best settings as final movie is a little "not quite crisp enough". However, onwards and upwards with the learning curve.
    One thing though, creating a DV AVI of my video takes about a day to process in Premiere and will surely hit the 4gb limit in windows. Have I missed something again?

David.

Blog Entries

One thing though, creating a DV AVI of my video takes about a day to process in Premiere and will surely hit the 4gb limit in windows. Have I missed something again?
    No, that's why frameserving from Premiere to an MPEG encoder was created. I tend not to use this now as exporting to DV from Premiere Pro takes seconds for smaller projects. You shouldn't have to worry about a size barrier - this would only be applicable on FAT32 file systems and/or type 1 AVIs.

Please excuse my beginners inexperience and lack of knowledge (even common sense probably) but I have a fat 32 system and what is a type 1AVI?

I've managed to figure out how to reduce the size of my Premiere Project by deleting unused soundtracks rather than muting them (this really is beginners stuff I know) but the overall time to produce a DV AVI is still about a day!

Still learning, still trying.

Thank you for your patience Marc