Thread: TV on PC

Default TV on PC

A propos of absolutely nothing at all. I acquired a cheap VCR (37) to permanently hook up to my PC so I could transfer VHS videos to digital. But what I've got as an additional benefit is that I can now watch TV on my PC (and record TV, of course). The only downside I can see is that I can't have a cute little window open in the corner of the screen - I have to use Ulead Video Studio - but other than that, it's great. Plus little - if any - more expensive than a TV card, and a damn site more reliable if all the TV card horror stories are to be believed.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

You can use IUVCR... (video opens in a seperate window if memory serves correctly)

Thanks Marc. Do you - or anyone - know whether the trial version is limited time or limited functionality? I don't really want to spend $28...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

Thinking about it, I'm sure I've used freeware apps for rthis job. Have a look at sourceforge, download.com tec

I believe media player classic should do what the OP wants.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables