Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video on websites - the next generation

Default Video on websites - the next generation

Hi,

I run a technology distribution business and want to replicate something I have seen being used by a competitor of ours. They have videoed a presenter reading a script and demonstrating a product - however the way they have plugged this content into their website seems unique (well at least I haven't seen it before)...

I have traced the company that is offering the service - they are Web Videos | Website Video | VideoTile

Now Videotile are very expensive! As you can imagine. And I would like to add perhaps 20 or 30 of these presentations to my website. So can someone tell me exactly how they are achieving the results they do and what software etc I would need to produce the same content.
    Last edited by Mark W; 04-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    Simon Young
    Senior Partner
    http://www.dvd-and-media.com

Blog Entries

Personally i hate daft video on web sites.

It is just done by b screen / render to flash / insert player into html.

Thier quality is just the usual on the net - it doesnt look anything special to me.

not quite so simple....but affordable none the less...you do of course need the additional line of code to insert in the html, and a good key to start with, then a few bits more than Mark W has suggested...and Bob's yer uncle...here's an example we knocked up...only viewable on Internet Explorer, we didn't bother adjusting the code for firefox....lol...

Talking Head

What Mark has said is partially true, but there's a few key features missed out....having said that, some of these companies charge a fortune for the "transparant video look"...nice money if you can get it....we always strive to undercut the "big boys"...lol

I could be wrong but one of the pieces of software you may need is no longer available....you may be able to find someone (if you shoot the video correctly) to perform the "magic" bit of the task with the software ( I know we have it hidden away on a hard drive if we ever need it)

We are concentrating now more on live DVDs and Training DVDs...plus our time is more and more taken up with our pet project

Welcome to Country Music Ireland TV

happy hunting.
    Last edited by torby; 04-18-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Blog Entries

Can you tell I use front page to do my web site stuff? lols.

nope....can't tell...and we would be really stuck if we didnt use a program that basically builds it for you ....lol....front page is above me...especially if you have to work in html....yikes!

Blog Entries

HTML? Looks like klingon to me - I let fp do all the hard bits.

I tried FP once and all that html code did my head in. Strangely enough it seems to generate much more html than Dreamweaver, I prefer the drag and drop method it uses.

notepad ftw!!!
    notepad then dreamweaver the frontpage. lol

anyway they use flash, they probably keyed out a greenscreen and then made an transparent flash video, instructions can be found on adobe's website( How to make a Flash movie with a transparent background)

Thanks for the response so far guys,

However their final movie does seem to run quicker than I can manage and loads in a fraction of the time mine do... I'm an expert with html but love Dreamweaver to code in using the code mixed view allowing changes to be visualised, but this plugin of flash video content is defeating me as I want to make it totally cross browser compatible and as quick to load and as minimally server intensive as possible. I would have thought there would be a service out there that would just take my video content filmed against a green bg and convert it for me??

On another note if any of you want DVD or CD replication I'm your man, we are cheaper than most in the UK - DVD and CD replication services, high quality DVD disc replication and duplication
    Simon Young
    Senior Partner
    http://www.dvd-and-media.com

Hi there Yangster, I had sent you a PM but you may not have got it, how big is your video file, if you want to send me one as a trial, we can probably do it for you, obviously you'll want to see how we perform first...certainly before any money changes hands....lol....

if you have 20 or 30 of these I assume they may be quite short, having said that, the one we uploaded was actually quite a big file ...in more ways than one....who knows....having looked at your business....we may be able to come to a suitable arrangement.

Here's another one we made, we also did their training DVDs

Sales Training UK, Telephone Sales Training, Sales Management Training you'll notice it bangs in really quick

here's ours again in case you missed it.

Talking Head

again we only set it up for IE, we can also re create the effect on firefox...chat to us, what have you got to lose.

You need to have a reasonable green screen set up by the way....

regards
    Last edited by torby; 04-20-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast