Thread: Why is PE7 capturing at loew frame rate?

1. Default Why is PE7 capturing at loew frame rate?

I am desperately trying to accomplish the simplest of tasks, but I just keep running into roadblocks. I am using a SVHS connected via S-video to my capture card and capturing with Premiere Elements 7. I had a short clip that I had captured with Pinnacle & imported into PE7 to see if PE7 would burn a DVD with no problems. It worked fine and the DVD plays and looks just like the source material. But I dont want to use Pinnacle to capture because it gets so out of sync with the audio. So now I have PE7 doing the capturing and I did some quick editing and exported to video DVD. When I watch it on my PS3 the picture is all jittery and jumpy. When I view it using my Xbox 360 it has all those jagged lines during fast motion. I was under the impression those would disappear once rendered and viewd on TV. Also, PE7 captured the SVHS source at 14.99 fps. Why??? The preset is 29.997. Why am I getting two different views from two different players? Why is captured in Pinnacle & rendered & Burned in PE7 looking fine, but all done in PE7 looks like crap?

Also, Ive heard people mention that rendering a large DV-AVI file to an MPEG-2 file helps reduce the file size. Well, it does, along with reducing the PQ to a dismal pixalated mess. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

All files mentioned were capture as DV-AVI
    Last edited by Daffypuck; 04-17-2009 at 02:52 AM.